Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    Ouch on MNF blunder.......poor lions. Don't forget it happened to them last year in the playoffs.

Poor Lions my sweet patootie. This is their lot in life. Hows about not fumbling the ball? How's about one time - just ONE TIME - in the first 58 minutes of the game, your offense crosses the 20 yard line?

And, to sum it up the best, I turn to Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press:
    [For the record, I am many years - nay, decades - past "gullible" with this busload of bozos]

"Why can’t the Lions stop beating themselves into submission with self-inflicted wounds?

The woeful Lions stand before the rest of the NFL stripped of any legitimacy. They are the only winless team after the season’s first four weeks.

Just when you think this franchise has exhausted every conceivable way of further torturing itself and every gullible person who still believes in it, the Lions write another fresh chapter of football hell."
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

How can there be a chapter AFTER an 0-16 season? An epilogue, perhaps? Afterword? Coda? Postscript? My thesaurus is dying here....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Haha, very True Kent. Tough game to lose, against probably the best defense, in the hardest place to play. Yes it would have been ideal for Megatron to break the line BEFORE fumbling it. But to lose it like that is tough. K.J. Wright didn't know that rule, and how much does he make a year? I'm guessing it is plenty, enough to have bought those 8 brand new LN planes listed the other day with as much thought as we would buy a cup of coffee.

Does anyone think that the Seattle/Detroit game would have ended differently if KJ had not "batted" the ball? Reality is, Cam made a phenomenal play knocking the ball loose!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Does anyone think that the Seattle/Detroit game would have ended differently if KJ had not "batted" the ball? Reality is, Cam made a phenomenal play knocking the ball loose!
    Remember, they were at the goal line not the 50 yard line...with the down played over again and a couple of tries for the end zone then kick a short field goal with seconds left to tie it...yes I think it would have ended differently...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    l

Bill, you don't think it would have ended differently? Maybe I'm missing something here but the Lions should have gotten the ball at the half yard mark, first down for a go ahead touchdown or a tying field goal?

Yes tremendous play by Chancellor for sure, but purposely "batting" ball, as KJ said he did on purpose. Help me out here Bill, what is messed up with my thought process (please limit this to this play, I have many possibly "flawed" processes)?

Seattle avoids 1-3 and Lions go 0-4. I just don't get with the command center in NY how it couldn't have been fixed?

They already have done one of those science based recreation and the ball could have come back in play. We all know what happens when a football gets to bouncing. It could have bounced right back into Megatrons hands or the Seahawks for all we know. I would have liked to see it play out that way. I certainly don't think the referee should be fired, it was just a bad call, it happens. But it sure was a big one at a pivotal point in both teams season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    Remember, they were at the goal line not the 50 yard line...with the down played over again and a couple of tries for the end zone then kick a short field goal with seconds left to tie it...yes I think it would have ended differently...
    You clearly are not well-versed in the Lion's astonishing proprietary methods of blowing "sure things".

Couple tries?: Fumble the snap; fumble the handoff; sacked on two successive pass attempts, putting them back on the 38 yard line - kicker shanks it; sideline confusion and clock mismanagement means the FG team has to run out and snap the ball without getting their stuff together...blocked, and recovered by Seattle. 2 knees to end the game.

Or - my favorite: receiver on an out pattern, running on the goal line, OL leaks, QB hit on release, Seattle intercept and touchdown. Final score Seattle 20 Lions 10.

Or - it does go to OT. You wanna know any of the 2,372 way the Lions have gone on to lose in OT?

Barry - you fell into the trap of how Pro Football is played. Not the same thing as Detroit Lions Football.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Kent....my friend....it's so good to see you whining about your beloved Lions!

and such a detailed whine too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Barry & Jeb, I afraid you missed my point which means I apparently did not communicate it well. The question is not what would have happened if the ref had decided that the "bat" was intentional and called the penalty but rather what would have happened if KJ had not batted the ball. If the ball had reversed direction it probably would have hit KJ. I don't see anyway it would have bounced/rolled 10 yards back into a prone Megatron's grasp.

BTW- apparently not a single announcer, coach or player knew that "batting" in the End Zone was illegal. Did you?

I actually knew it bill. How could they not, that baffled me. Some played and the others have been covering for years. I can think of 2 maybe 3 games it's been called in during a Patriots game. Maybe that is why I know. One of them was to go to the playoffs. It sure doesn't happen much but I'm guessing that probably because it isn't done because the consequences are harsh. Who knows. Somebody has since posted a video on YouTube of the Patriots practicing it, they can't be the only ones that do.

I have to think the Lions coach did not know the rule, or didn't think of it. He should have come unglued right away.

In any event, onto next week. Just like last year's Dallas game with the pass interference "incident". I said then that fans aren't up in arms and it isnt getting much coverage because it's the Lions.

+1 on Kents return to an off topic thread. Cracks me up every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    You clearly are not well-versed in the Lion's astonishing proprietary methods of blowing "sure things".

Couple tries?: Fumble the snap; fumble the handoff; sacked on two successive pass attempts, putting them back on the 38 yard line - kicker shanks it; sideline confusion and clock mismanagement means the FG team has to run out and snap the ball without getting their stuff together...blocked, and recovered by Seattle. 2 knees to end the game.

Or - my favorite: receiver on an out pattern, running on the goal line, OL leaks, QB hit on release, Seattle intercept and touchdown. Final score Seattle 20 Lions 10.

Or - it does go to OT. You wanna know any of the 2,372 way the Lions have gone on to lose in OT?

Barry - you fell into the trap of how Pro Football is played. Not the same thing as Detroit Lions Football.
    no sense even trying to debate with a hopeless pessimist....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    no sense even trying to debate with a hopeless pessimist....

Says the guy whose team is my odds-on favorite to win the World Serious - equanimity ain't that hard when your ballclub is killing it. The team headlined by.....wait for it....... David Price - ex-Detroit player.

"Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain" turns into "The Price is Right" as he pitches games 1, 4 and 7, throwing only one complete-game shutout and giving up 4 runs total over 22 innings.

You don't like my attitude on the Lions? Well, then, you are gonna LOVE this ... as Price single-handedly turns you into World Champions [Entire Hemisphere Division] .............

Just having fun with you, Barry. There is no misanthrope like the ones that spent 30+ years in Michigan, spanning 5 decades, plus over 50 Thanksgivings, throwing food and pillows at the TV when the Lions were playing.

I am about to go buy me a Jays jersey - I am pulling for you guys.

Lets do this - I'll root for "your" Jays while you root for "my" Lions.

Says the guy whose team is my odds-on favorite to win the World Serious - equanimity ain't that hard when your ballclub is killing it. The team headlined by.....wait for it....... David Price - ex-Detroit player.

"Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain" turns into "The Price is Right" as he pitches games 1, 4 and 7, throwing only one complete-game shutout and giving up 4 runs total over 22 innings.

You don't like my attitude on the Lions? Well, then, you are gonna LOVE this ... as Price single-handedly turns you into World Champions [Entire Hemisphere Division] .............

Just having fun with you, Barry. There is no misanthrope like the ones that spent 30+ years in Michigan, spanning 5 decades, plus over 50 Thanksgivings, throwing food and pillows at the TV when the Lions were playing.

I am about to go buy me a Jays jersey - I am pulling for you guys.

Lets do this - I'll root for "your" Jays while you root for "my" Lions.

LOL.....thing is .... I never watch baseball.... no interest whatsoever...

At least put Tulo - ex-Colorado player in there as a footnote, pretty please.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    What is it with the Refs and the Seahawks? The Refs have given them 2 games now.

I hope they give that ref a "come on man" award for next weeks game.

PHM