Thread: Will the rain ever stop?

Will the rain ever stop?

It has now rained for four out of five nights this week! Argh! I haven't mowed my lawn for four weeks now due to a broken mower that I finally fixed last Sunday evening late. I had a meeting Tuesday evening so I couldn't mow then.

It is supposed to be dry all weekend so maybe I will finally get the lawn mowed this weekend. It is 10 pm and still raining hard so it will probably be afternoon before the grass is dry. It will likely be a four hour project as tall as the grass is.

Brian,

Sounds like you might have to get close to your lawn rake real soon to clean up the mess once you get the grass cut
    I hope you get the sun you are hoping for today. Here in my neck of the woods we have had the most active mowing season I can remember in decades with an even amount of sun to rain. I have never seen the grass so thick here.

I bought a lawn sweeper yesterday so I can collect the leaves which have just recently started falling in hopes that it will help me produce more compost this year.

Please send your rain to the mountains of NC. We need it!!

Red
    RED

Could you send some our way, please? We're dry. Our Tulip Poplar seems to think it's the end of October, not the end of September. Leaves are turning brown and dropping. Lillies are calling it a season. In spite of daily watering our tomato plants' leaves are shrivelled. I haven't cut the lawn more than twice in probably 6 weeks. We did get some rain so our lawn isn't crunchy for now.

Shoot - you guys in NC and PA are saying you're dry? I think Cali needs the rain more!

The sun is out, but it will be at least noon before I can mow as grass is still wet. Got plenty of other things to do.

I love weather predictions. On Monday it was supposed to only rain one day out of entire week. I guess a dry weekend is better than a wet weekend.

Brian, yes the rain will stop soon - it will turn to snow.

I need the rain over in middle, TN since I just put out 2 loads of topsoil. I need the grass seed to sprout before winter.

It quit in central Texas over 3 months ago. We have had 2 brief showers since mid June totaling .0018 inches, the 10 day forecast shows no rain in sight.

Saturday was a glorious day with no rain. It took four or five hours, but I finally got my grass mowed. Had to cut it at 4" and again at 3". I suspect I will only have to cut the grass maybe two more times this year unless weather is unusually warm.

I just checked my personal weather station. We have received .19 inches of rain all month. We'd gladly take your rain, all of it! My grass looks like someone took a blow torch to it.

Since we've been in a drought for a while here in the Northwest I can only say, lucky you!
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We'll take all you've got!
    We've actually pulled out of the severe drought we've been experiencing but we could always use more, lots more.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

My state is on fire, I'll take some.