Thread: Blaklader and other clothing

Blaklader and other clothing

Somewhere I read about pants similar to Blaklader but cheaper. Does anyone know of these?

Dont know about cheaper ones but ive tortured the Blaklader ones in the last months doing a roof rebuild and found they are excellent. Before that i had jeans on and they were crap. fifteen minutes they loosen up and I could burn a pair out in no time. These pants have been bullit proof. I dont like the knee pads, they work well but on a roof and on a ply deck on 5/12 pitch my knees slide without them I stay where I kneel. Oherwise the stay tight in the waist all the time and are loose in the legs for good movement but mostly they are just really strong material.

Ive got loaded occidental belt and a minimal fall belt with rope grab and the pants, they were all fighting each other, Ive been refining and modifying it all and making it better and better. Sorry I dont know the pants you are looking for there are probably many different work pants but ill buy another pair of these things. They fit me perfect and have been very strong so far. I tried some of the many pockets and holder things but still prefer to have the stuff in the tool belt for what im doing right now.

i think you might be thinking of duluth trading firehose pants or the ultimate firehose pants. i have not tried either brand.
    Last edited by David Hawxhurst; 09-20-2015 at 8:27 PM.

Probably thinking of Bjornklader.

The Firehose pants at Duleth are super tough and hold up well.