Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is weird. Another thread is "gone".

I like the way this forum is moderated and I contribute a little to help it keep going.

As an aside, I really dislike posts that use the internet as a weapon to beat up on a company. It does happen here from time to time. When it does, I for one, think our Moderator team manages to walk the fine line of editing and/or deletion pretty well. (I know it isn't easy or fun to have to do so.)

Keep up the good work guys! Thanks for what you do.
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 09-25-2015 at 8:34 PM.

I agree that the moderators and Keith do a great job. Keith has gone well beyond what was required to explain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I have first hand experience dealing with most of the machine manufacturers and service vendors that are common names you see being discussed here. I know that they have only so much patience when they have to deal with those who threaten them and are rude to their personnel. The worst thing anyone can do is be unfriendly, even if you feel you have received the short end of the stick you won't receive much help if you don't know how to be civilized. Some companies will black list individuals and refuse to do business with them after trying their best and failing to resolve their problems. We have also seen cases here where people ranted with a vengence for days and found out later that they caused the problem and the manufacturer was not to blame...yet they fail to apologize or repair the damage incurred when the facts are known..
    Keith,
    Unless we’re no longer talking about my specific case it seems you’re suggesting that these companies decide to honor contracts based on emotions and whether or not they “like” someone. The pictures clearly show, and the fact that they offered to take my machine back and send a new one clearly indicate, that in this case the problem was certainly not caused by me. A new machine is not in my best interest. The down time due to shipping the machines back and forth, and the setting up a new machine are both cost that I’m obligated under my warranty to absorb and I never disputed that. But I made it very clear that I wasn’t willing to go beyond that. This is business. I’m not asking a favor from them, I’m asking them to honor our contract, whichever way they choose (new machine vs new bed). If they don’t like me personally, I can absolutely see their point, and I’m sure they can find plenty of others that would agree %100. If they want to “blacklist” me after they fulfill their contractual obligations, I think the feelings mutual. But I think it’s strange thing to say, “Well if you’re a mean spirited fellow they won’t honor your warranty.”

If, on this site if we’re not allowed to talk about negative experience with customer service and what not, that’s fine, but of course, it voids any positive threads as well. And if that is the case I agree with Alan that a little more clarity on what’s acceptable would be nice. But I think it’s a bit disingenuous to remove my thread from public view and then start insinuating that I somehow caused the problem with my machine or characterize my thread as an epic rant.

David

David,

This discussion isn't specifically about your recent thread. I did state that the reasons your thread was removed involved several issues and the breach of contract component was the major concern with your post. It is obvious when a situation gets to the point that a standoff seems evident and there is a high probability of a legal challenge. This is the point that a situation becomes unsuitable for a public forum where one party is not allowed to represent their side of the issue. I think its pretty clear, after over 2.3 million posts here, what is acceptable and what isn't but I'm never surprised when this question is asked after a conflict or a potential conflict has been addressed. Nothing I have said has been derogatory towards you or insinuated that your thread was an epic rant, my involvement in this situation has been as the Administrator here its not personal. I think that I have justified my position and provided reasons why posts of this nature are a concern for this Community.

I'm perfectly comfortable reminding everyone here that the rules and policies enforced here are not mine. These are the rules this Community has adopted over the last twelve years and there are some rules that I feel are to strict but its not always my call. I receive Private Messages and email constantly from Members here who are very specific about how they feel this Community should be managed. Collectively these instructions over the years represent directions from tens of thousands of our Members and I listen to them because thats my job here. If I receive complaints from lets say one or two hundred Members thats a very small percentage of this Community. Even so I do make every effort to address every issue that I can based on the amount of time I have available on any given day. The numbers are pretty staggering with over 96,000 registered Members and 40 to 60 thousand people visiting SawMill Creek every day, you can imagine what my work schedule is like on an average day. Most would be surprised at how many email questions I receive from visitors who are not registered Members here but their visits are a valuable asset when you consider that I also have to market SawMill Creek to companies in hopes of ascertaining their financial support so I can maintain free access to all of our woodworking forums so everyone can participate. I should add that you can thank all of our Contributors here for providing all of the hardware and software that it takes to keep us online.

I sincerely hope that this and my previous posts in this thread have shed some light on this particular policy that make things more clear.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-26-2015 at 12:46 AM.