Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not All Injuries...

Not All Injuries...

...are related to saws. I had the distinct pleasure of relearning the law of gravity this past weekend. Surgery was yesterday and took two hours, many screws and a plate or two.

Ouch! Best of wishes on a fast recovery.

Phew. That's a lot of gravity. May I ask from how high up gravity was able to exert itself? Or is it too embarrassing? What's weird, is when you say "gravity" I think "fall". But "typical" falls usually result in fractures of the forearm, typically near the wrist. You've done something creative here. Frankly this could be saw related. As in, I was hoisting my saw with a block and tackle, and it fell on me. Best wishes.

Yikes. That looks painful. I hate it when gravity does that to you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Steve

Yes it is embarrassing. It was the single dumbest thing I have ever done. The height was 8.5' with 2x6 underneath me and I landed directly on my right shoulder. I suspect it was the 2x6 that caused the bad break, or the sudden stop at the end. Apparently I have zero cat genes so was not able turn in mid-air and land on my feet.

I am very fortunate that i did not not get my hands down or my wrist would have shattered as well. Also because I work for a great company. And my family have been incredible. Not a single "Are you brain dead or just stupid?"

Yikes!

What were you doing at 8.5'? Ladder? Framing?

My wife is an orthopedic physician specializing in sports - she sees a lot of embarrassing stuff. Don't feel like you're the only one!

Man, that hurts just looking at the XRay. Hope you heal quickly!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I bet it didn't take the xray tech long to read that one.
    Sorry about your accident, we've all done some not too smart things. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Blog Entries
    Ouch! Heal quickly.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I had a follow visit at the surgeon's office yesterday and, as they say, it didn't happen without a photo, here is what my arm now looks like.

5237.jpeg

Hope you get better quick and are not in too much pain.

Blog Entries
    Big Badda Boom

Hope you heal well and quickly.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Mark, glad you seem to be doing well under the circumstances. How much of the hardware do you get to return, or is it all gonna be yours now?

Mark, I broke my shoulder in April of this year. Not near to the extent you did as I didn't need surgery. I did it just falling chasing one of my new puppies. I tripped over the other one and went down reaching. I can now do things but still have pain when I move it certain ways. It takes a long time for a shoulder to heal. It gets easier after the first six weeks. Good luck on your recovery.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    Mark, glad you seem to be doing well under the circumstances. How much of the hardware do you get to return, or is it all gonna be yours now?
    It is a full purchase deal. No returns, no refunds. On the bright side, I will set off the security alarms at the airport every time in the future.