Thread: A Little Upgrade...

A Little Upgrade...

Well, I have been looking for a larger bandsaw for quite some time, but my area doesn't have a ton to offer on the used market. At the moment, I really couldn't afford to spend 800+ on a saw, so I was almost dead set on the Grizzly G0555P w/ the free shipping. Then, this popped up on the used market, for less than the Grizzly!! I saw it listed Monday morning, and had it back at home on Monday afternoon. It fits right in place.

Included with the saw, the HTC Mobile base, two magnetic lights, 4 brand new blades (a woodslicer, some carter blade, a Timberwolf, and a Lenox (not sure which model), 4 used blades, and a "bandsaw basics" book. Quite an upgrade to the Craftsmen (re-painted Rikon 10-305), though that thing is a nice little saw. Being I am in a one-car garage, I will probably have to either sell, or put the Craftsman in storage until I move into a larger space.

*Edit - Small world story, the sellers wife and myself both graduated from the same high school, about 40 years apart, and we both now live 600 miles away from that town.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Stein; 09-24-2015 at 9:53 AM.

Nice looking shop for a 1 car garage! Pretty good upgrade on the saw too!

I have that same bandsaw and it is a work horse. You will enjoy working with it.

Red
    RED

Nice find and congrats. Keep the smaller saw for small blades and scroll cuts and such.
    I have that same small saw and love it. In addition to the big Laguna and a 12" Craftsman that is older than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Nice find and congrats. Keep the smaller saw for small blades and scroll cuts and such.
    I have that same small saw and love it. In addition to the big Laguna and a 12" Craftsman that is older than me.
    That would be the plan, though space is at a premium. I may have to just grease up the table and put it in storage until we move into a bigger house.

I am not far from you, I am right over in Morehead City, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Boulware View Post
    Nice looking shop for a 1 car garage! Pretty good upgrade on the saw too!
    Thanks Will. The shop has been a work in progress for the past year or so. I used to teach Technology Education, though I didn't teach "wood shop," my classroom was what once was the wood shop, so I had plenty of space and tools/machines at my disposal. Two years back, I made a career change into IT, and lost that working/project space. I missed having that space, and the equipment, so as a "congratulations gift" to myself, I decided to turn the little garage into my shop. Its not much space, but I am stuck with it until we move (I am pushing for that sooner than later), but I think we are stuck until she finishes nursing school at least.

Hey, nice saw, Michael. I just picked up that exact same model last week, set it up, aligned it and all, and have been using it all week. It seems like a really nice saw. ..Definitely an upgrade from my Delta. Congratulations on a sweet deal and a nice tool.
    Last edited by Yonak Hawkins; 09-24-2015 at 6:02 PM. Reason: The spare set of Carter guides I have are not for the Rikon 10-325 but for the 10-320 .. sorry. Prev. owner screw-up I guess.

Nice score for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Bemont View Post
    I have that same bandsaw and it is a work horse. You will enjoy working with it.

Red
    Me too. Congratulations!

I own one as well, been a great saw.

Cue the music........."Movin' on up!"
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

you did well...Good decision....
    Jerry