Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apron, Lee Valley or Duluth

I have no experience with either of the aprons, but the Duluth Firehose pants are awesome. I don't wear anything but those, and Mountain Khaki originals anymore.

Unless going to work, then I am forced to wear dress pants.

Another vote for the Veritas Canvas apron. I have had one for a couple of years now. lots of pockets, including some enclosed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    +1. LOL, 'nough said

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I have the Duluth and like it, would buy again. Seems to be holding up well.

How do you like the pockets?
    In the photo they look awkward ( up too high) to get things like a tape measure out.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Thanks for all the info.
    FYI- I have a bucket boss bib apron now. Looking for something a little longer.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I buy a lot of clothing from Duluth Trading...like Lee Valley, they are not always the least expensive, but the products are top notch and their customer service is outstanding. Either product you list will likely be very pleasing...choose the one you think is going to best suit your needs and fit your body comfortably.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I thought I liked the one from Texas Heritage Woodworks until I saw the price. Nice looking, but ouch.
    David

I made my own and I'm quite happy with it. A speed square will mostly fit in one of the larger pockets which makes me wish that pocket was a bit larger, still need to trim the length on the "strings" too. They're not that hard to make and you can make it as tough as you like.

Apron%u0025252520%u00252525281%u0025252520of%u00252525201%u0025252529.jpg

I like the side entry of the Lee Valley , pockets don't fill up with saw dust.

A friend handy with the sewing machine made it for me in return for a clothes line table.That's a table to put basket on to save bending.
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Holy cow it looks like something a serial killer in a movie would wear. And only 400
    pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Patton View Post
    Holy cow it looks like something a serial killer in a movie would wear. And only 400
    pounds!
    They only have quality killers in Sweden.
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Patton View Post
    pounds!

Yeah but for 400 lbs you also get a hockey mask and a chainsaw.

Nothing bellow a size 32 in mens pants. Im at least a 30" waist is not 28"...

I was bummed after reading this thread then looking at their awesome pants to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I buy a lot of clothing from Duluth Trading...like Lee Valley, they are not always the least expensive, but the products are top notch and their customer service is outstanding. Either product you list will likely be very pleasing...choose the one you think is going to best suit your needs and fit your body comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Speers View Post
    Yeah but for 400 lbs you also get a hockey mask and a chainsaw.
    Good one LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chalmers View Post
    Another vote for the Veritas Canvas apron. I have had one for a couple of years now. lots of pockets, including some enclosed ones.
    I too use and love the Veritas black canvas apron. 2 years now and no quality issues...