Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plane flattening by Tablesaw Tom

Plane flattening by Tablesaw Tom

Is this gentleman still doing this service? I have a plane I'm rehabbing that means a lot to me and it definitely needs milling. I emailed him but no response yet.
    Last edited by Vinnie Lopez; 09-25-2015 at 4:29 AM.

He is still machining planes, but the only way that I know to contact him is through the Woodnet hand tool forum. Perhaps you could send him a PM on this forum if he is registered.

He doesn't check his email often. I sent him a PM and it took him 10 days to get back to me. He does good work though, I have stuff he has done.

Ok I will wait. I definitely want to go se his service he gets high praise from everybody

Dunno if this will help....

Tablesawtom.com
    Last edited by scott spencer; 09-26-2015 at 5:47 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

That's where I emailed him from. I will wait to hear from him I appreciate it

Vinnie did you send him a PM from here. According to his activity he was on the site on the 20th

No email through his website

I sent Vinnie's info to Tom through another forum. An answer should come soon.

Thank you very much! I got an email from him this morning!

Tablesawtom's work:

I'm very happy with his work!

Not every plane needs his work... my MF 14" jack plane is fine as is, but these two were transformed.

They look beautiful my Stanley 5 definitely needs work. It was sitting on a shelf where water leaked from the roof in a shed and the sole had some pitting. I don't know that his service would remove all of it but it would be an improvement.

My number 5 definitely needs it It sat on a shelf the sole was exposed to water. It has some light pitting I'm hoping the milling will minimize. Not looking for perfection but the plane is sentimental and would like to get it as nice as I can

Vinnie,

I just got a Keen Kutter K6 from Tom last week. He has been busy. If you want to get the plane ground the sooner the better. I wanted a dedicated shooting plane that I knew was square.

The surfaces of the plane were amazing. It was great dealing with Tom.

I check here dailey for personal masseges but didn't see any. I am not sure if the email link from my web page works. I can't post my web page because there are prices listed and the Mods say that is a no no.

I do read some of the entries but don't respond much so I am not real well known here. Anyway I did get back to Vinnie
    Tom