Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Subpanel

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    This thread should be added to the stickies at the top of this forum. This is a fairly frequent question, and there is good education on it in this thread.
    Or better yet, we should all get in the habit of calling our electrical inspector with questions. You only get one answer.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Or better yet, we should all get in the habit of calling our electrical inspector with questions. You only get one answer.
    You only get their answer. Does not mean it is the right answer.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    You only get their answer. Does not mean it is the right answer.
    It may not be the right answer but it is the only one that will get the power to your property turned on. I have been down the road as an electrical engineer trying to explain basic principles to someone who doesn't even understand Ohm' law and it is usually a waste of time.

Mike, I finished the installation yesterday with the four conductors to the new panel.

Ken

my only question is how large is you service? you can only take 1/2 of the total amperage off on a sub panel. other question definitely separate your neutral and ground. most panels you have to purchase ground bar separately.