Thread: Just a Question

Just a Question

Can someone tell me why some posts in this forum will show maybe 3 or 4 reply's but no "views"? I see this quite a bit but can't figure out how someone can comment on a post without viewing it first. I'm enclosing a pic of an example from this morning on the "Maple Highboy" post...

Views.jpg

Nobody knows??????????

Barry - I've been away from the site all day but when I checked the thread you referenced, I show 22 replies and 217 views. Are you still showing no views?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Barry - I've been away from the site all day but when I checked the thread you referenced, I show 22 replies and 217 views. Are you still showing no views?
    It shows lots of replies and views now but if you look at the attached pic with my original post you will see 4 replies and 0 views which prompted my question.

Barry - I did see your photo but have no answer for you. My guess would be that there was a delay in server response due to any number of temp issues from slow internet to a system backup. SMC runs slow for me today - real slow.
    Steve

OK....thanks for the reply....

Here's another one at the top of this list?????

Views1.jpg

Barry, it has to do with the "new posts" feature you are using. If you look at that, it shows zero views for some, yet if you go to that specific area of the forum, it shows views. It must be an error in that new posts code somewhere.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Barry, it has to do with the "new posts" feature you are using. If you look at that, it shows zero views for some, yet if you go to that specific area of the forum, it shows views. It must be an error in that new posts code somewhere.
    Thanks Scott...I hadn't tried that....

10. Anyone know how I can contribute

Top menu - any page - click on the 'Donate' link. Thanks for helping out!
    Steve