Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Trailer Haulin

Crazy Trailer Haulin

I took this picture a few weeks ago while I was stopped at a light on my way to the local hardware store. The pic speaks for itself, people never cease to amaze me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I took this picture a few weeks ago while I was stopped at a light on my way to the local hardware store. The pic speaks for itself, people never cease to amaze me

Obviously that load is shifting because there's no one back there to hold it down.

Trailer Jockey.jpg
    Last edited by Charles Taylor; 09-30-2015 at 1:49 PM.
    Chuck Taylor

That's one heck of a right turn signal.

-Tom

You wouldn't want to be walking down the sidewalk when he drove by!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

No red flag?!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    No red flag?!
    Pfft, we don’t need no stinking red flags.
    I was behind a tan colored short bed PU carrying a load of 2"x8"x12' lumber the other day. No flag, and the lumber color blended in with the paint making it easy to miss if you weren't paying attention.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Chris, I think that a red flag is only required when the load extends past the rear of the vehicle 48 inches or more

Bruce, I wonder how you would explain to the people at the hospital what happened to you if you were walking don the street and the couch knocked you off your feet...or worse

Charles, I hope they aren't moving across country

People are the greatest show on earth...

Come on folks, at least he used twine and ratchet straps. Here in Kentucky that's about as good as it gets.

True story:

A guy and his insignificant other came into the harbor after a day of boating.
    And drinking.
    And drinking.
    And drinking.
    And drinking.
    And probably more drinking.

By the time they got the trailer into the water, they were in full screamfest mode.
    So the guy 'loads the boat onto the trailer' (a phrase used very loosely here!)

He gets into the truck, they're still yelling at each other. And this guy goes into
    'half-drunk-and-PO'd' mode behind the wheel. Seems he forgot the boat was
    back there, as drove thru the parking lot like a complete idiot.

--Right past the cop. Oops..

So he decides to make a run for it!

He got all of about 400 yards away when the cop
    (and the 2 others he didn't notice) surrounds them.

These pics I took about 1/2 hour after the fact, some guys from the tow
    company are just about to back it back down into the water in hopes of
    centering it up just a wee bit better...

fiberform.jpgfiberform2.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I wish I had a photo to post of it, but my dad (RIP) had a few acres of land with a hill on one end of the property. It was covered in heavy brush and from the flat spot on top close to his house and the bottom of the hill it was about 25 feet down. He parked his 26' boat on the flat spot, or perhaps a bit closer to the crest where the downward slope started and went into the house. He came back outside to block the trailer a few minutes later only to find the trailer had slowly rolled down the hill until all you could see was the trailer hitch sticking into the air. He had a towing company come up and pull it all back up the hill. No harm, no foul. The boat never left the trailer as the brush was so dense. He was very lucky.

is it safe to believe that there are no license plates on the first 2 trailer haulin' pics?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Perreault View Post
    is it safe to believe that there are no license plates on the first 2 trailer haulin' pics?
    No Brake lights either on the first one that is stopped at a light. The truck has one light that appears to be on.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Obviously that load is shifting because there's no one back there to hold it down.

Trailer Jockey.jpg
    I had a friend that rode like this after his wedding to move into their apartment. The wind caught a mattress and threw him off the trailer while travelling down the road and killed him on the spot. After all, it was just 2 miles from one place to the other. He was married to his 1st and only wife for 3 days. I'll never forget that.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

There is a license plate on the pic that I took, it is in the middle of the drop gate. I blocked out the plate number.
    The brake lights aren't working on the trailer, I expect the guy wasn't concerned about the lights when he didn't have time to load his trailer properly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    I had a friend that rode like this after his wedding to move into their apartment. The wind caught a mattress and threw him off the trailer while travelling down the road and killed him on the spot. After all, it was just 2 miles from one place to the other. He was married to his 1st and only wife for 3 days. I'll never forget that.

Major buzz kill Dennis!

Andy Rooney