Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amusing cell photos snapshots

there's a septic pump truck in my area that has several things painted on it

"Caution - tank may contain political promises"
    "Mac's Septic - No. 1 in the No. 2 business"
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 10-03-2015 at 1:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Lighten up guys

Helmet laws haven't been around very long, the same is true for seat belts and a whole list of things that not to long ago didn't exist. We used to ride in the back of pickup trucks and I still ride my bicycle without a helmet which is pretty low risk considering lots of other activities like playing high school football.
    Keith, what's "not very long" in your book? I know in NC, seat belt laws went into effect in 1985. Helmet laws in my state even before then.

"guy on the bike has no effect on you at all. I don't think we need more Government regulations."

Until said biker drops the bike and is taken to the emergency room to have his head put back together and the hospital finds out he has no health insurance and then charges it off to indigent care and we all end up paying because medical costs go up for those of us that were responsible by buying insurance and wearing helmets.

Can we not even have a funny photo thread without picking things apart and going at each other? Take it in the spirit in which it was posted, silly photos, not helmet laws, animal rights, or Darwin awards.

This is a textbook example of why threads end up getting locked or moderated.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 10-02-2015 at 9:16 PM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I am offended that "herding" is misspelled
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    Keith, what's "not very long" in your book? I know in NC, seat belt laws went into effect in 1985. Helmet laws in my state even before then.
    Kent,

My bicycle is a Schwinn Super Sport that I bought on my 16th birthday so its 48 years old if that helps to set my personal time line. I don't recall there being any bike helmets available in those days.
    I don't remember when the motorcycle helmet laws went into effect in Virginia or seat belt laws but 30 years doesn't seem to be a long time to me these days, I have shoes that are older then that and I've owned a lot of new and used automobiles that didn't have seat belts

Anyone seen the graphic of the OSHA Cowboy? I'm just poking fun here don't take this seriously...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    OK...Guys...I'll try to make it amusing again....this is how NOT to park in Canada in the winter!!
    That is not amusing at all. There is no way to tell if the driver was wearing a seat belt or a helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

I guess I'm lucky to be alive. I rode in the back of the truck all the time when I was a kid. Now I ride my motorcycle without a helmet.