Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shave with your laser

Talking Shave with your laser

Right, I know you guys love a laser related kickstrater project, and this is just to funny not to post up, firstly I have no connection with these guys, I mean frankly they mean business, they use lasers with smoke machines and lab coats, they have big complex formulas on their white boards, they ARE NOT PLAYING. check this out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...entury-shaving
    I had to check it wasnt April 1st, but its not, and even more amazing they have raised nearly $3'000'000 (yeah seriously). You could not make this stuff up (well you can as they have)
    On a side note I'm raising funds for my new project, the 'time machine toaster' it will enable you to have breakfast and if your running late you can simply dial back a few minutes/hours or years, i hope to ship around the start of 2016, but the good news is as soon as i have a working prototype i will simply come back with all my data to this date, so there will be no wait at all, Early bird investors can have have one for $39.99 each
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew knott View Post
    Early bird investors can have have one for $39.99 each
    Correction, you can have one for $189!

Very cool, I saw it the other day as well. For $39, I'd do it, for $189, I'll wait until the Chinese make one with a glass tube and a chiller for $23
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I'll wait for the Skarp Quattro.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Correction, you can have one for $189!

Very cool, I saw it the other day as well. For $39, I'd do it, for $189, I'll wait until the Chinese make one with a glass tube and a chiller for $23
    No $39.99 is for my kickstarter 'the time machine toaster' not the shaver, i can assure you i have more chance of shipping a product than they do, this is another kickstarter that will have lots of disappointed backers.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

I "thought" that one of KickStarter's rules was that you had to have a working prototype, and that's what set it apart from Indiegogo.

Yup, here is what they say; kickstarter.com/rules/prototypes

"Projects that involve the development of physical products must feature explicit demos of working prototypes."

If you are a KickStarter member you can report the campaign as making a false claim.
    Last edited by Rich Harman; 10-02-2015 at 5:10 PM.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

On a side note I'm raising funds for my new project, the 'time machine toaster' it will enable you to have breakfast and if your running late you can simply dial back a few minutes/hours or years, i hope to ship around the start of 2016, but the good news is as soon as i have a working prototype i will simply come back with all my data to this date...
    Well, I already know your toaster (and time travel) won't work. If either did, you'd been here 2 hours ago with it...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

On a side note I'm raising funds for my new project, the 'time machine toaster' it will enable you to have breakfast and if your running late you can simply dial back a few minutes/hours or years
    Chanting - "what do we want? Time Travel! when do we want it? that's irrelevant..."

The future of shaving is the Skarp razor
    says a bloke with a beard
    You did what !

That said Gustavsson is quite widely respected, I'm going to have a look at those formulas and see if they actually mean anything
    You did what !

Matt were do I send my $39.99 I can always use a good toaster
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Matt were do I send my $39.99 I can always use a good toaster
    just buy it this week, use it for ten years then go back and get your money back while it's still within the 30 day returns period
    You did what !

Feh. I may not be a neander in the wood shop but I am at the shaving mirror: straight razor, strop, mug, and brush.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Having a few problems with the toaster, I recently sold one to a guy in 2047 and he claims one of his kids got an iphone 236s stuck in it and burnt their fingers, his was pretty grumpy but i think the main reason is he is still waiting for laser razor to arrive.
    beardyguy1.jpegthis is him!
    there is a video of a prototype 'working' pretend you can't see the wire ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGiAS8yYHjs
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

Cool Dave I didn't think of that, then I can get a new one and do it all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    just buy it this week, use it for ten years then go back and get your money back while it's still within the 30 day returns period
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Having a few problems with the toaster, I recently sold one to a guy in 2047 and he claims one of his kids got an iphone 236s stuck in it and burnt their fingers, his was pretty grumpy but i think the main reason is he is still waiting for laser razor to arrive.
    beardyguy1.jpegthis is him!
    there is a video of a prototype 'working' pretend you can see the wire ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGiAS8yYHjs
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2