Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table saw blades

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Stanton View Post
    To answer several questions, the saw is a new 3 HP SawStop PCS. I do mostly blanket chests and then small jewelry boxes or chest top valets. These items go to our grandchildren when they become teenagers and are intended as "heirloom" type furniture. I also do some household furniture. Almost no plywood or composite wood. Most all are made from figured and/or exotic woods.
    I have about 10 Forrest blades for various uses and another 6 or 7 Freud blades. I much prefer the Forrest over the Freuds. I've found the Freuds heat up much quicker than the Forrest blades and a hot blade can cause other problems. I use a 5hp TS, so I'm not sure if that is the reason the Freuds don't perform as well for me as the Forrests do. Just looking at the carbide, it appears the Forrests are beefier too than the Freuds and Forrest makes a blade for just about anything you want to do, not sure if Freud does as well, probably does.

I also have the same saw. I don't have near the selection as most of these guys. I have Freud and Forrest.I don't think you can go wrong with any quality blade. Her are a couple of more I have that are also very good. I have the Infinity rip blade. This blade did impress me with the ease of cuts. I also have the Worlds Best (Carbide Processors) rip blade. Both are good blades with the WB having a lot more carbide (cermet as they call it) for many sharpening so. I also have the WB combination that I use the most. Again a lot of carbide, more than any other blade I have. It gets down to what you like. If I were buying it would be either WB or Infinity over the others I have. It just becomes personal preference as they are all good blades.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Have Ridge Carbide, Forrest, a few 48t luxites, and an 82t thin kerf Luxite....The 82t luxite is an unbelievable blade but they are no longer made..so it sits in a box....used sparingly... The blades most used are the Ridge Carbide blades...I like the fact that when I call them, the owner either answers the phone or is available within minutes..personal service.......the sharpened blades come back as good as or better than new.
    Always very happy with them...

I don't have a lot of experience with many different blades but I'm happy with the blades from Infinity Cutting Tool. I have their glue line rip and 60T crosscut blades. I also recently picked up their new track saw blade.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)