Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowes... Homedepot what has been your best buy

Houseplants in the clearance section of the nursery.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

A couple years ago I picked up a new Dewalt 735 planner at HD when they had them on clearance for 269.00.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post

Word is the Biesemeyer and Uni-fences deal was the end of blowing out tools at giveaway prices in store. Such a mess people in a frenzy searching the country for the deal. Complaints to main office, store etc........................
    Every store received three of each. One store showed two sold and one as missing. Wife and I made a trip down, walked to end of insulation aisle, and there it was. A box with Biesmeyer printed on it. Got hardware guy, and he said they had looked for days and couldn't find it. It was in same location as other stores with same floor plan. Their loss, my gain.

When Home Depot closed out the Bessey clamps i bought 24 (12-24", 4=36", 8= 50") for under $200. When Lowe's closed them out bought 25 more at $18 each. It is said that you can't have too many clamps, but I am living proof that you can have enough.

A while back, lowes (or maybe it was actually porter cable) had a deal with a $50 rebate on sanders. The 1/4 sheet sanders were 49.95. So for the price of the 6% sales tax to the governor and a stamp I got an almost free sander. I don't use it much but it gets loaned out to anyone asking to borrow a sander.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Berrevoets View Post
    A while back, lowes (or maybe it was actually porter cable) had a deal with a $50 rebate on sanders. The 1/4 sheet sanders were 49.95. So for the price of the 6% sales tax to the governor and a stamp I got an almost free sander. I don't use it much but it gets loaned out to anyone asking to borrow a sander.
    I forgot about that one. Got in on that deal too.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I would like to point out that many of the deals we are reading about on this thread were brought to our attention by other members of Sawmill Creek. If you are a member, who never considered becoming a contributor, I can personally attest that the Creek has saved me hundreds of dollars, and is well worth considering.

On the other hand, my wife might see this differently.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

A few years ago when HD was selling off inventory of DeWalt thickness planers. Don't remember the price, but it was a good deal.

Like others have noted, it was either early 2002 and Lowes clearanced the DeWalt DW788 scrollsaw with stand for $200 after the holidays. Drove 100 miles to find a store that had one in stock. Best large-dollar deal yet.

A few years later HD clearanced their Bessey clamps and wish I had doubled the number I bought at that time.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Blog Entries
    My best deal at Lowes was a Delta 14" band saw for $240 + tax.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Got a PC 890 router w/case for $100 about 8-9 years ago..still works today

When Home Depot stopped selling quarts of Watco Danish Wood Oil, I bought 5 or more at $1.00 per quart.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by BOB OLINGER View Post
    A few years ago when HD was selling off inventory of DeWalt thickness planers. Don't remember the price, but it was a good deal.
    IIRC...they were $149. I bought 2. 1 for my son-in-law...and the other I sold on craigslist.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Lowes donated all the lumber and supplies for older son's eagle project. That is about as good as it gets.

They declined to participate in younger son's project, but that's okay.