Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Project - Live Edge Dining Table - Thanks, SMC

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. Been an interesting project, and I'm really happy with it. Kent's been a great resource, as have many others here. It would not have gotten across the finish line as well as it did without the help.

EDIT: I should add, however, that this was all filling voids, finishing, and attaching legs that someone else made. The slab of wood is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Cox View Post
    What a beautiful table, I would be proud to own it. Stunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Mullin View Post
    I wouldn't change a thing, I like it as is.
    Len
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Damn straight.

Nicely done, Andrew.
    Last edited by Andrew Helman; 10-08-2015 at 8:33 AM.

Slab furniture is IMHO is quite difficult to make precisely because the slab 'is what it is'. It's all about appropriate design and selection of the piece and then refining it with edges, legs and a finish. They're straightforward to make, but hard to pull off.

I really like this one. It's not overdone. Specifically, your edges have a nice, symmetrical and smooth global curve, while having a lot of local texture. I look for that. It's also difficult to make such a shape on a table that isn't too sharp on the corners. This appears to have a good balance there.

Your glossy finish will settle over time. I suggest you live with that for a while and decide only after a long time whether you want to rub it down. I bet you'll grow to like it as is.

I think the legs work too.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 10-08-2015 at 9:15 AM.