Thread: Finishing FYI

Smile Finishing FYI

Just restocked my finishing cabinet again. I travel to another county to buy Mohawk products. Got their new cataog--70 pages of wood finishing ect products. An unbelievable choice of types of finishes and good spec sheets on uses and behaviors of their products. Been using their precat lacquers and other stuff for 4 years and it is far above anything you can find in big box stores in quality and high tech. Behlen products are made by the same outfit but have some different products due to California limitations. Try their catalog for grins. 1-800-545-0047.

I use to use Mohawk products 30-40 years ago when I was into furniture Restoration. They were the best in the biz back then. I might just have to get me a catalog...

Here's the link to the online catalog - http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/catalog_browse.asp
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Thanks for the info. Will check out.

I am lucky that it is a short trip and I do not have to cross a border to get to Mohawk. I purchase sandpaper and rattle can lacquers which I don't think can be beat.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .