Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help with a chinese ebay laser

help with a chinese ebay laser

I bought a Chinese laser on ebay and have had the worst problems getting any support for it.
    If you want details it on another forum
    What I need is the software for the laser.
    I was sent laserdrw and corellaser both written in Chinese and of no use to me.
    If anyone has a laser like this one please give me a helping hand to get it running.
    I tried going to the sellers but they are on a chinese holiday for 8 days
    I tried to upload pictures but it failed
    The laser is a XB-4060
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 10-05-2015 at 7:40 PM. Reason: Removed link to photos and posted photos directly on here

Hi Vic, I posted the photos of the machine here so it's not linking to their website and people can just look at this thread and see the one you have.

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.35.55 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.36.11 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.36.18 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.36.26 PM.jpg
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Phew!

Vic. I am afraid i do not have your laser and dont use laserdraw. A few suggestions though while you wait for the Chinese holiday to end.

Search on google for corellaser. I Found a number of installation instructions there that might help you.

Also. Did they send you aa electronic manual along with your software? Assuming it is also in simplified Chinese you might be able to use google translate to get you far enough to see how to switch the software to english if it has that ability. Or to find the download of the english version.

Not much help. But with luck????

Looks like a Shen 350 D but with a digital control for an analog laser (pot control) rather than the DSP you would usually expect.

If you want to email me the manual Vic I can translate it for you?
    You did what !

Just been reading up on them.....hummm interesting..can't say I've seen those with push button switch control for normal pot output before. Actually quite interested, if they are cheap I might buy one to muck about with.

A few novel ideas in them like button rather than the unreliable POT control, motorised beds although basic K40 type head looks like usual rubbish.
    You did what !

I have NO manual and the Corellaser is in ALL Chinese So I really have nothing to get this thing to work.
    I was hoping someone else has this laser so I could download or buy a copy of the software.

other forum site

Is it ok to post a link to another forum site that has my whole story on this laser?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Hi Vic, I posted the photos of the machine here so it's not linking to their website and people can just look at this thread and see the one you have.

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.35.55 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.36.11 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.36.18 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.36.26 PM.jpg

Not allowed to post links to forums Vic but you can PM me it and I'll go take a look if you like?
    You did what !

Pm

just sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Not allowed to post links to forums Vic but you can PM me it and I'll go take a look if you like?

I can help with both if you will PM me I will send you the English zip file. also if you go to translate.google.com you will be able to translate the Chinese to Enlish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders
    Knot to Pen Custom Turned Pens

Platte City, Missouri. USA

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw
    Nice-Cut NC-4040 Tabletop Laser 40W

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer
    !0" Wood Lathe
    Vacuum Chamber
    Pressure Pot

Blog Entries
    Vic,

Just to add to Dave Sheldrakes Efforts....

Here is a link to Corellaser download. This appears to be a recent version in English.
    http://www.east-signs.com/support-se...-download.html

Corel Laser is a plug in to Corel and allows you to send data to your laser from within Corel. Basically it is calling an outside program.

You dont say what version of Corel you are using? But this may help for the last few suite versions. Not sure about earlier than that.
    Install it as administrator on your machine.
    Start Corel once it is done. Not a long installation.
    Go to Tools and then options.
    Look for VBA and open that, then check Trust All installed GMS modules.
    Uncheck delay load VBA and then hit OK.
    Close Corel.
    Reopen Corel
    Open a new Document.
    Open Tools and then Options
    Open customization and command bars
    You should see the laser option checked. Not sure what name it will show as.
    Hit OK and then look for the icon up on your toolbar. It may show up as a free floating icon. If so you can doc it in your tool bar with a click and drag and then drop it where you want it on the bars.
    Do your normal design work in Corel.
    Make sure your laser is on and then click the icon above.
    It should say something about the laser being on, and then put you into the software for the laser with your drawing loaded.
    You will likely see layers sorted out with cut or engrave parameters available. Double click any of those lines to change the parameters.
    You can also disable any given layer there if you only want to one one or a few.

See if that helps!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I am using Corel x6 home and student
    I use Illustrator to draw with and corel draw to send to my laser program Retina Engrave for my Full spectrum laser
    Will adding this Corel laser to my Corel draw cause a problem in my retina engrave? Such as going to the wrong laser?

www.east-signs.com is temporarily unavailable

Blog Entries
    Sorry Vic! I was just in there. Hopefully that is short turn.

I think Retina Engrave has its own icon in Corel? If so you will be safe doing Corel Laser.
    X6 will be fine with my instructions.

Dave
    PS.....Seahawks are playing right now so my responses may be a bit....delayed? <grin>
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.