Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help with a chinese ebay laser

How would you react???
    I'd be quite annoyed to put it mildly!

That sounds like a really bad operation, and probably quite easy to get into that sort of mess as some of the adverts look quite good.

Hopefully when they are back from their hols it will all be sorted for you with a bit of luck. To be fair they did send you another (albeit apparently used) If it were a scam then you wouldn't have got that, so maybe they are just a bit disorganised and useless rather than criminal.

I'd have thought ebay would be a bit more helpful, I guess if you'd used a credit card via paypal then you'd have a very good chance of getting the financial side of it sorted out with them, hopefully you did - but you don't say about that.

Not a good start to owning a laser and you have my sympathies.

Hope it all works out for you in the end and you get it doing what you want.

Best Regards

DJ

I use a chinalaser with CorelLaser. The gantry autozeros at power on, that sounds fine. That power supply probably runs the tube and mainboard and is probably universal 85VAC - 240VAC.

If the voltage converter is a transformer, you can wire it internal to the unit for fan and lift motor if you're savvy with that stuff.

I can try to help you get set up. Other than the software being in Chinese, can you describe the problems?

My corellaser just launches Corel. I don't have to do any work in a Chinese interface. Did you happen to get a usb dongle with your rig?

Also - please post a pic of your mainboard and any software screens you're having trouble with?
    Last edited by Matthew Grant; 10-07-2015 at 11:16 AM.

The only problem I am having now is the missing Coreldraw x4.
    With the Corel I can get it going myself ...I think.

Since 7pm tonight I have had 35 emails with the support team and still no corel in english.
    There is a option in corel that wil change the language but they dont sem to understand that you nee to be able to read chinese in order to get to the option to make the change

Hey vic, I had similar language problem,went to my local chinese restaurant with all I wanted translated,George did it in a flash,all it cost me was a plate of dim sims,special fried rice and a sweet and sour pork. All fixed.

Vic, 2 things:

1- water in the tube is normal. Not saying yours hasn't been used, but many mfr's test run the laser before they ship it. Mine had water in it.

2- While messing around with my software, I ended up with it showing only chinese text. I just kept choosing (and keeping track of) different options. If it didn't work, I started over until English popped up---
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Perhaps you can ask them to take a screenshot. Then you know it's the x'th option in the y'th menu.
    Certainly been THERE before..

I have google translate on my phone. I just take a shot of what I want to translate, highlight the text, and it translates it to English for me. You might try this to translate the language selection menu.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

This is the latest and the last update because I am not going to pursue this matter anymore...
    The seller has sent me Corel x4 x5 x6 all of them written in Chinese.
    The last Corel they sent me had a virus installed in it.
    My only recourse is to buy my own software.
    I recommend you stay away from these sellers.

Let them use TeamViewer (free, legit download) and log into your computer and change it while you're watching. You can immediately disconnect them when it's changed, so there's no risk of them doing anything to your computer without your knowledge or consent, you'll be seeing every click and cursor move. It's how most of the companies are doing tech support these days.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I just bought coreldraw x6 full version and I need a link to corellaser in ENGLISH and does anyone know how to use the software to connect to the laser?