Thread: Backsaw handle hang angles.

Backsaw handle hang angles.

The following represents the benefits that can be gained by an open discussion.

Stewie;

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=199006
    Last edited by Stewie Simpson; 10-06-2015 at 9:12 PM.

Thanks for sharing Stewie. On that particular discussion, I had been curious how the angle of the handle had evolved/developed. It was particularly interesting the relationship of the angle and where your finger would point. I guess I always assumed that it was entirely based on some relationship of the force on the handle and an even contact of teeth on the wood through the entire stroke.
    Still all unfamiliar to me...but appreciate the bits of knowledge.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be able to tell you the hang angle on the dovetail saw handle I made. Mostly it was based upon what felt best at the height most of my dovetails are cut.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks Stewie. That's good information.

As an aside - I met an American last weekend who trained at a woodworking school in Australia. Don't know where. He kept telling me how seriously Australians take their woodworking. As I read that thread, I could see just what he meant. I'll visit that site more often, now that you've pointed it out!

Thanks again.
    Fred