Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Hate Real Estate Transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Adams View Post
    The bad thing about Iowa is the real estate agent can represent the buyer as well as the seller. You wouldn't believe how mad the agent gets when you don't go through them for a house they have listed. They don't like to split the profit with another real estate agent. It really leads to some shady deals. When we bought the house we live in now I went through a different agency than the one who had the house listed. They didn't want my agent to show me the house, they called me direct and wanted to show me the house.
    I experienced issues with my last buyer's agent trying to sneak her houses into the mix. She was a terrible realtor. The seller's agent has a fiduciary responsibility to the seller. Consequently if the agent knows you will offer a higher offer, she must tell the seller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Adams View Post
    The bad thing about Iowa is the real estate agent can represent the buyer as well as the seller.
    This is a really bad idea even if it is legal. My daughter just went through this in New Jersey and it cost her as the seller lied about repairs that were supposed to have been made by independent contractors instead of the seller. The only person that wins in the dual role is the agent. He will do anything not to lose the commission.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute