Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who enforces Zoning law on the Enforcement Officer?

Water Board Member bypassing his own water meter? Community Service? Should have been executed. OK, maybe a few years in prison and a few hundred thousand dollar fine at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Lovell View Post
    My advice is to not live anywhere where there is zoning or HOA's, it is my land and I can do what I want and my neighbors are far enough away that whatever we do doesn't bother each other.
    Tell me where you live so I can put a helicopter next to your house

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Water Board Member bypassing his own water meter? Community Service? Should have been executed. OK, maybe a few years in prison and a few hundred thousand dollar fine at least!
    I suppose you like the Saudia Arabia style of cutting off limbs too. While community service seems too lenient a few hundred thousand dollars fine for stealing some water seems excessive too. The thief should do the same amount of jail/prison time as an offender stealing the same amount of goods or services. No thief stealing $5,000 in goods/services is going to get a fine of $100,000 or more.

If we allowed the court of public opinion to set sentences we would either have graveyards full of executed criminals, or tens of millions in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    The EPA didn't build the tailings pond (which was leaking before EPA even arrived on site). ...sometimes you just have to start at the beginning. Or not.
    Well said, why does the tax payer have to pay for clean up while the guy that made the money is long gone, probably with the money off shore in a secret bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    If we allowed the court of public opinion to set sentences we would either have graveyards full of executed criminals, or tens of millions in prison.
    Sorry, if my humor wasn't clear. I mean if a person bypassing a water meter deserves a certain punishment, then a person on the water board running that system would deserve far worse.