Thread: Cardio workout...

Cardio workout...

With a $2 handplane. Well, there was a couple bigger planes involved. Had a plank of rough sawn pine to flatten and smooth...at least one face, anyway..

22" all wood bodied try plane, and the Stanley #6c to flatten most of the face, had a bit of cup to it..

Then went with that Stanley #4 T-13 to smooth things out...
    IMAG0278.jpg
    Made a mess, though..
    IMAG0276.jpg
    I laid a square on the plank, to check out how things were going..
    IMAG0277.jpg
    Not too hateful...maybe today, I might get to do the other face? Like the End Vise??

Hopefully you didn't get too much of a workout from a 1x8x36" piece of pine Steven.

That board is next on the list. Still have the other side of this 5/4 x 6 x 36" to do..

As for all those shavings? After killing a Brown Recluse that was hiding in them ( yikes!) I packed all the CLEANED shavings up into a shipping box. Had sold a Type 5 Sargent #414, and needed some padding inside the box. I had to make sure no other critters were in there. Hmmm, a Jack plane, packed up in a box full of shavings? No, I did NOT sign any of them, either...

Other face of the plank has been flattened ( Corsair C-5 scrub jack) tried with a Stanley #6c T-10 and then smoothed out with a Stanley #4 T-13...got enough shavings to fill another shipping box. Seems to be about right, ship a plane I sell on that auction site, packed in a mailing box full of shavings....

Might have to saw one end off, BIG knot down there. And a smaller one nearby..might be connected? Will wait and see how long a plank I need, first.