Thread: Craftsman 113 fence swap

Craftsman 113 fence swap

I just picked up a Craftsman 113 table saw and have been researching a fence replacement for it. From what I've seen the Delta T2 was the one to go for, but they're ridiculous in price.

So my question is. Are the Delta T3's the replacement for the T2? Also would that work on my Craftsman 113? Thanks!

Can't speak to the Delta, but I put a Vega pro 52" fence on my 113 saw and have loved it. Made a HUGE difference.
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Dan,

Would you happen to have the part number for the fence you used? Also, was this for the 27" deep table? Excuse my ignorance just want to make sure I'm headed down the right path.

Put a Shop Fox on mine from Grizzly, wish I had done it way sooner. Required some drilling
    Only problem has been a need for an Aux fence, when cutting extremely thin material, as it wants
    to slide under the fence next to the front end. But that might be because of how I drill the mounting holes.
    Otherwise a great fence for the money, would do it again in a heartbeat.

It looks like the T3 is an updated version of the T2 but I can't see much difference (haven't compared tube sizes, etc.) I've installed T2's on two different 113 saws and have been extremely happy with them.

The Vega and ShopFox fences have good reputations on other threads here but I think they're more expensive than the T3.
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

I'm not sure of the part number. I'll have to look for my install manual, etc., and look it up, but I googled this: "vega 52 professional table saw fence" and it comes up at amazon and ebay.

Yes, my saw is a 27" deep table. The cast iron webbed wings. Vega also makes a shorter one if 52" is too wide for your shop space, or at least they used to. It was pretty simple to install. I did have to drill a couple of holes in the rear edge of the table for the back rail.

DB
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Blog Entries
    Wow! What happened to the price of that fence? Amazon has it from Delta for $445. Why would anyone pay $400+ for a T-2 when a Beisemeyer is less? Didn't it used to go for a couple of hundred bucks?

Sorry, no real answer. Just shocked at the gouging for the T-2??? Once you get to the $250-$300-ish area, there are several choices for a good fence.

At any rate, you have probably figured out that a decent fence is more than you paid for your saw. The question is, how far do you want to go on that 113 platform. I used one for many years with an Align-a-Rip fence that Sears used to re-badge. At this point in history (with the collapse of some tool companies and a reduction in the product lines of others) I think you will have to use patience or the used market to get a "deal". I have been known to buy whole used machines to get a part I wanted off of them ;-)
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 10-11-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

My personal opinion is don't go with the T2 or T3 (look like about the same thing) even though they can be had in the under $200 range from HD and others. The Biesemeyer Home Shop was the perfect size for contractor saws but looks like they quit making it when Delta bought Biese. If I were buying a new fence today for a contractor saw, I think it would be the Vega. Love the Biesemeyer and clones but are a bit heavy for a contractor saw in my opinion. Vega seems a bit lighter weight but may not be. If you are in a situation where you are able, You can build a clone of the Biesemeyer Home Shop for about $60. in steel and parts. Have done that on more Craftsmans than I can count and makes a great saw out of them.