Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachel from Cardholder Services

Rachel from Cardholder Services

We are refinancing our home and the processor's name is Rachel. Picking up the phone yesterday, Rachel from cardholder services starts her automated message. It didn't quite sound correct. Has Rachel called anyone else here? Sounds fishy at best.

I get lots of calls from Cardholder Services. They are scams. It is just a coincidence that the loan processors name is the same as the person calling from Cardholder Services.

I also get calls telling me this is the final call to reduce my interest rate on my credit card. But it is never the final call because I get another one in a few days.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Yes, many calls from Rachel, Bridget, Brittany, and their cohorts at Cardholder Services. Fastest hang up in the east.

I'm getting the Cardholder Services solicitations (and others) a lot now, since moving to Florida. I thought my registry on the Do Not Call List had expired. I checked and it's still active.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

That is a known and long-time scam robocaller. They ignore "Do-not-call" lists and move things around to all kind of made-up numbers.

The best way to stop these calls most of the time is to use a free service called "nomorobo.com"...as long as your phone carrier is supported.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I utilize our caller ID. If I don't recognize the number I don't answer it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    I'm getting the Cardholder Services solicitations (and others) a lot now, since moving to Florida. I thought my registry on the Do Not Call List had expired. I checked and it's still active.
    They don't care, they know that the government won't do a thing to them so they just ignore the DNC list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Yup me too.

Red
    RED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I just don't have a landline so nobody ever calls.

Blog Entries
    Last week I rushed to the phone to answer a call. It actually was a recorded call from my health care provider. I didn't have a pencil at hand quick enough to write down the needed information. Since then I have decided to allow all calls to go to message if I am not sitting next to the phone with a note pad and writing implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    They don't care, they know that the government won't do a thing to them so they just ignore the DNC list.
    In order for the government to do anything the agency that is supposed to do something needs to be funded. Apparently there is enough money in telephone scams to share with those who consider funding to consider zero funding toward stopping scam calls.

When I get a live person, usually by pressing 3, I express my delight of them calling me again after saying the last call was the last one. Then I tell them I do not do business with people who lie to me. If they haven't hung up by then I say anything I can think of that might ruin their day.

They really are just a bunch of mindless trolls who can not find honest work. If people stopped falling for the scam, they would have to do something else.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 10-10-2015 at 4:18 PM. Reason: clean up run on sentence
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

When I get these at work, I always put them on hold. I figure the more of their time I can waste, the less time they will have to prey on other people.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John McClanahan View Post
    When I get these at work, I always put them on hold. I figure the more of their time I can waste, the less time they will have to prey on other people.

John
    We need more people like you John.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Last week I rushed to the phone to answer a call. It actually was a recorded call from my health care provider. I didn't have a pencil at hand quick enough to write down the needed information. Since then I have decided to allow all calls to go to message if I am not sitting next to the phone with a note pad and writing implement.

In order for the government to do anything the agency that is supposed to do something needs to be funded. Apparently there is enough money in telephone scams to share with those who consider funding to consider zero funding toward stopping scam calls.

When I get a live person, usually by pressing 3, I express my delight of them calling me again after saying the last call was the last one. Then I tell them I do not do business with people who lie to me. If they haven't hung up by then I say anything I can think of that might ruin their day.

They really are just a bunch of mindless trolls who can not find honest work. If people stopped falling for the scam, they would have to do something else.

jtk

There have been many webposts stating the only thing that will get is more calls! Guess if it makes you feel better, but the general consensus seems to be that the best thing is to just hang up. They are less likely to decide to hassle you just because.

Not sure mcuh of anything works other than the norobo thing!

Quote Originally Posted by John McClanahan View Post

John
    Generally they hang up fairly quickly when you do that... automated systems and all! Anything beyond 15 -20 seconds, just tying up your own phone.

I asked do I OU money they say no, then I ask do you owe me money they say no , then I tell then I don't think we have anything to talk about.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!