Thread: Well it's been a fun ride----

Well it's been a fun ride----

Well folks, seems to me I'm being sued by the IRS!!!!
    I guess unless I have phone privileges in my new home in a federal prison I won't be enjoying any more
    fine surfing.
    I got the unfortunate news today on my answering machine. I feel saddened by my dereliction as an American taxpayer to "somehow" be remiss and missing? something.
    The internet is a great place to learn from as well as a great place to scam from.
    Anyway I guess I'll be in fine company as I'm certain others have received the very important phone call from 206-701-6642?

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Bruce,

I would send you some tools in prison, but it didn't work out well for the last lady who gave prisoners tools. Last I heard that was a Bank telephone number where they called to tell you that you were getting sued.

Usually those sorts of legitimate trails start with the mail, then an office visit, then a threat to pay or face court, then monetary interventions, and finally jail. We don't have debtor's prisons in the good old USA, unless the debt had some other form or malfeasance associated with it.

a "friend" called me once pretending to be the IRS - he really had me going for a few minutes - not funny - like standing on Superman's cape.

I got a bill from the IRS for $4,000,000 once. Only took me about 8 years to get it resolved, so there's hope for you Bruce. They said I made $12,000,000 that year and wanted their $4,000,000.

Finding anyone there that wanted to help work through it was impossible.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I got one for 80k several years ago but it was legitimate because like a doofus, I somehow forgot to put in all my long/short term gains and stock/options sales!! To this day, I have no idea how I managed to forget that stuff. Anyway, I fixed it and ended up with a refund + interest on the refund! Crazy stuff the gov't....
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 10-13-2015 at 7:23 PM.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Bruce,
    I googled the number you posted:

!

(206) 701-6642 is suspected spam

Spam Level4/4
    Spam reports last 90 days8
    4 reports - null
    2 reports - scam or fraud
    2 reports - general spam

User spam reports

• said IRS is suing me
      - by Anonymous User - Today - Marked this call as scam or fraud
    • Said they are with IRS and they have law suit against me.
      - by Anonymous User - Today - Marked this call as scam or fraud

View all 8 comments

I know a lawyer in Nigeria who can take care of this for you. Let me know and I'll give him your number.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I got a bill from the IRS for $4,000,000 once. Only took me about 8 years to get it resolved, so there's hope for you Bruce. They said I made $12,000,000 that year and wanted their $4,000,000.

Finding anyone there that wanted to help work through it was impossible.
    In today's tax structure if you made $12,000,000 they would want their $8,000,000 or $9,000,000 of it. They were generous letting you keep 2/3.

Once upon a time, I had a repeating nuisance call from the the Republican National Committee. It was the voice of the singer/comedian Jerry Reid asking for donations. After the third time, I set my fax modem up to call their toll free number. I left the machine retrying the number until the following morning. I couldn't guess how many times someone answered the phone only to hear an incredibly annoying screeching sound. It took about a minute between calls. Maybe someone needs to do a similar thing to the number mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    In today's tax structure if you made $12,000,000 they would want their $8,000,000 or $9,000,000 of it. They were generous letting you keep 2/3.
    When I cross the $12,000,000 a year threshold, I'll keep that in mind
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    When I cross the $12,000,000 a year threshold, I'll keep that in mind
    Going which way, up,or down?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Going which way, up,or down?
    I'm not picky, if I ever cross it in any direction, I'll take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I thought the top tax rate was 39.6%.