Thread: Homework Room and some Vanities

Homework Room and some Vanities

Finished up a bunch of cabinets and a solid oak countertop for some clients that use to live by me but moved to a house nearly 2 hours away. Long drive.

Wall to wall, floor to ceiling in a small room. Tough install. Took longer then planned. Had to make a second trip back.

All I gotta say is the new finish from ML Campbell called Polarion, which is a 2K Poly is tough stuff. The cabs were melamine which is pretty abrasive. I sanded and painted the bottoms of the cabs so they wouldn't be sharp We taped the bottom edge while scribing them. If this was my standard conversion varnish on the countertop it would have some minor scratches on it. No doubt in my mind. This 2K finish is great, not a single scratch or mar.

These are vanities that we put in a while back. The rooms are painted and they installed the tops. Everything looks great.

The sons vanity

The daughters vanity

The master vanity

Used my Nikon D70s DSLR with a Sigma 10-20mm superwide zoom lens. Great for indoor shots in short room.

The Homework room is 114" wide (length of cabinetry) and only 107" deep and I was still able to get the entire wall of cabinets in the shot at 10 mm

Very nice, Leo! Great display of details.

I love the detail in the vanities.

Beautiful work, Leo. Classic lines and very nice margins. I like that hardware used in the homework room.
    -Lud

They made me drill the holes for some large pulls without the pulls. Only use the spec sheets. I told them that I can't undrill those holes.

I didn't look closely. I thought that tape was a dadoed in finger pull metal tab. I wasn't being a smart-*** , I swear. I now see it as tape and the holes. Sorry man.

After zooming in, I feel like a tool.
    -Lud

On a side note, that gives me an idea to pitch on my next set of inset cabinets.
    -Lud

I always use the green tape for a temp pull. Plus you can write on them what doors they are so when you take them off you don't get confused at where they go.

Great proportions Leo, and no one puts on a better finish. Very, very nice work.

John

You have a keen eye for scale. I could learn a lot from you.

They all look great, Leo! And yes, that's the right kind of lens for this type of interior shooting.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

They look great how is the polarion holding up

Wish I knew. They are 2 1/2 hours away. The stuff is tough as nails though.