Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lexan

That may work ok on a single sheet but what I have is an airplane window, its 2 pieces about a 1/4" thick each with an air space between molded into a frame . very heavy. if you so call pluck it all you get is a dull thud. But anyway my test looks ok so I think it will engrave fine. We'll see when he figures out what he wants on it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    If you flick poly carb with your finger it sounds very different to acrylic. It has a high pitch twang. Also it's a little blue.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

yeah, that test looked great, I think you'll be fine--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

UP Date
    Well I finally got the info from my friend about what he wanted on this aircraft window (still not sure what the material is) and I gave it a go this morning. I think it turned out OK. FWIW there was no smell at all, no smoke or yellow stain. I ran it at 350 mmps at 20% Power and a scan gap of .055Boomer 1 (Copy).jpgmirrored the text so your looking thru 2 layers of what ever it is. LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

That turned out great Bert! Good job!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott can you guess what his Job was LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    That turned out great Bert! Good job!
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Thanks Scott can you guess what his Job was LOL

Official Window Looker Outter?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Official Window Looker Outter?
    Official Stuff Disappearer...

Nope sorry guess again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Official Stuff Disappearer...
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Great job Bert!!!
    Rabbit Laser 36 x 48, 80 watt laser
    Full wood shop
    Plasma cutting machine, 4' x 4'
    Vinyl Cutter