Thread: Htc 2000 mobile base

Htc 2000 mobile base

Woodcraft has them on sale, are they any good?

Yes. I have one on my Delta Disc/Belt Sander and it works great.

They are average. I have many on smaller stationary tools like sanders. They are not substantial enough for larger tools. I went to other mobile bases such as the Jet and am much happier with those than the HTC.

Depends on what you want to use it for mostly. Frankly not a huge fan because it lifts the one side of the base up to unlock it and drops it rather precipitously to lock it back down. For things that are really light, don't mind the jostling and aren't likely to tip over because of the angle up or drop back its.. ok. The 3000 is a completely different design and works pretty well because the whole thing stays flat all of the time (I think the jet is similar to the 3000 but I've only seen it in pictures).

I hated mine and sold them. I make my own now. I heard the 3000 is much better.

They're much better than the 1000 but for store bought bases I actually like the hft base. The htc bases make the machines sit crooked and that bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    They are average. I have many on smaller stationary tools like sanders. They are not substantial enough for larger tools. I went to other mobile bases such as the Jet and am much happier with those than the HTC.
    I also prefer the JET.

I am also not a fan of the HTC bases. I tried one on my old Delta table saw and didn't think much of it. They are very lightly built and I didn't like the way you had to lift up one side to move it around because it made it hard to set it back down without it slamming down. I have the Jet bases on all my machines now and really like them.
    Earl

I have the HTC 2000 under my Delta 18-900L drill press. I dont move it much so it just sits there and gives me the option should I need it, but I dont think its a great design. Kind of annoying how the wheels stick out on the sides. I wish I would have gone with the Portamate PM-2500 (LINK) or the HTC-3000 to be honest. But that drill press is too heavy to take apart now and swap the base now.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

They are convenient and work OK for lighter tools. I did not have a wheel failure under my 300 lb table saw after 10 yr. (+/-)

Customer support to replace failed parts is OK

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Connor View Post
    Woodcraft has them on sale, are they any good?
    I have it under a Jet 22-44 drum sander. It works okay at best. It feels like the lever mechanism to lift it will break any day. I would not buy it again for something this heavy

I've had good luck with the kits from Rockler where you cut your own 1.5"x1.5" wood to match your machine. Only complaint is that the castor pedal does stick out a bit.

http://www.rockler.com/power-tool-mobile-base-hardware