Thread: A Craftsman's Legacy

A Craftsman's Legacy

The recent thread on woodworking tv shows got me thinking. Has anybody else seen the tv show, A Craftsman's Legacy? I found it about a month ago on CreateTV and really enjoy it. I really like the variety of craftsmen/women he has had on the show and seeing them work in their shop. I really find other crafts quite interesting even if I never have any plans to try it out especially those people who actually make a living from it. Looks like they've already got season two in the works.

Cheers,

Aaron

Seen it; like it; recommend it to anyone interested the craft tradition of any flavor.

Season 2 started a few weeks ago in some parts of the country. If you go to their website and join the Legacy Society, all the last seasons episodes are available. I was fortunate enough to be selected as their first woodturner, and will show up sometime in season 2. Spent a 13 hour day in February with the host and crew. An interesting, exhilarating, and exhausting experience.

The show, in my opinion, is awesome! Eric is from Michigan and went to Sterling Heights High School. Very down to earth dude! Congrats Alan on being the show's first woodturner.

The first season was mainly craftsmen (& women) from Michigan, but it was really, really good! Probably my favorite show. This season started out with a clockmaker. Very interesting segment. Super neat to see how masters do their thing. Again, congrats Alan!!!

David
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

Congratulations Alan.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Alan, just saw your episode a few days ago. Congrats. Great setup you have there, great selection of lathes and even better finished products.

Aaron

I definitely enjoy the show.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Thanks for raising this Aaron, I hadn't seen it. Setting DVR!

Alan, I'm looking forward to your episode!

Doug

Thanks for the info Aaron! We don't get the channel up here in the UP but I went to the website and joined the "Legacy Society" to be able to watch the full episodes online. Can't wait to see them all!

Mike
    Mike Schnorr
    CNCs - Camaster Stinger (25"x36"x5"), Shopbot (4'x4'), Roland Modela (6"x8"x2 3/8")
    Laser Engravers - Epilog Legend (12"x24" - 25W)
    Embroidery Machines - SWF t1501C, Brother BAS-416, Renaissance, Melco EMC1, Melco EP1

There's also a PBS series called "Craft In America". Looks like season 6 starts on Nov 10...at least here in NH.

Enjoy,

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by David Cramer View Post
    The first season was mainly craftsmen (& women) from Michigan, ...

David
    The show is or was sponsored in part by the Pure Michigan group.

Congrats again Alan!

-Tom

Correct Tom. Eric is from Michigan and grew up in Macomb County. I believe his company is out of nearby Auburn Hills(?). He started around here, I would assume, in part to keep costs down. As the show took off and possibly more sponsor money appeared, he can (and has) branched out.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    The show is or was sponsored in part by the Pure Michigan group.

Congrats again Alan!

-Tom