Thread: "You have received a new fax, document" - ad? - scam?

"You have received a new fax, document" - ad? - scam?

I'm getting emails that supposedly contain fax documents from interfax dot net. (subject: "You have received a new fax, document ....") Is this a new type of email advertising or scam?

Virus - https://techhelplist.com/spam-list/6...-new-fax-virus

MY hard fast rule: Email from someone I don't know or about something I didn't ask or request - DELETE without opening.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It is a scam.

Got a new one for me this morning. It listed one of my email addresses, said it was from the Admin Mailbox. It said if I didn't contact them immediately, they were going to terminate that email account. That's interesting, since I'm the guy who is the email Admin

A few red flags :

"if we do not received any responds from you" - it's receive, and response, morons...
    "all incoming email with high massage size" - it's message, morons...
    "You have used 95% MB of 5G of your email account quota" - huh? 95% MB of my 5G???
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 11-01-2015 at 2:27 PM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott,

Someone called the other day from the "IT" department to discuss our "windows-based" personal computation. We don't use a "windows based" computation but rather a Macintosh computer.

Turn your spam filtering on.
    Rule #1.

Just typical malware, hoping you will click on the link to infect yourself. Here is a typical report from one of my businesses from the first level SPAM/AV filters. You can see the junk exceeds the semi-legit email:
    SB-SpamExperts.PNG