Thread: Grizzly G0454Z Owners, any regret?

Grizzly G0454Z Owners, any regret?

Looking to add this to the shop and wondered if there were any warnings from current owners. I have a Grizzly Table Saw, Bandsaw and Lathe and couldn't be happier. Not sure why it wouldn't be the same with this beast.

Blog Entries
    I smile every time I use it. It comes factory set for rough lumber processing. I altered the settings since I use it for darn-near a finish planer and the serrated metal feed rollers are a far cry from the delicate rubber rollers on a lunchbox machine. Your untended use will change the value of this. I have read where people have swapped out these rollers with rubber versions but, have not find the need. I did back off the feed roller tension quite a bit, set the bed rollers a thou below the table and set the infeed and outfeed tables dead flat. I get nice clean, tearout-free, snipe-free, predictable results.

I did change the oil at the 20 hour mark per the manual and have checked it a couple times a year since then. I also add a couple drops of light machine oil every 8 hours or so of operation. I did have some very slow gearbox leaking as others have reported. Once the gaskets got comfy, this stopped. The machine has done nothing but work several times a week since September of 2010.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-02-2015 at 1:55 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I've run a few 10000 bd ft through mine. No regrets for the price. I set my rollers .002 above the table. I sometimes get snipe but don't care because it's a rough end that's gonna get snipped at the RAS anyway.
    -Lud

Blog Entries
    I apologize. I have a G0453Z . . . . . but, I still smile every time I use it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Love mine.

bought mine used and have run many, many bf thru it. surface finish isn't as good as my old Parks 12, but very happy with the machine.