Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aches and Pains

Aches and Pains

Now that I am in the fifties, the old body aches like never before. Getting old isn't for the weak.

Wait till your 73
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

To quote Tyler Howell's deceased mother "Getting old ain't for sissies."
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Sixties ....problems here ,too; are all the GOOD decades over? Foods I've liked all my life I now don't like. Face recognition is way off on young people ; get them mixed up. They all just look YOUNG. I Think getting old is ,at its most basic, turning into someone else.

Just had an MRI on my lower back last week. Not crazy about the results.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Just wait until you have replacement parts.....I have 8 deck screws and links in my back along with a replacement hip. It is exciting with airport security.

I am thankful that these things are available as I would be in real trouble without them.

2 thumb CMC arthroplasties, chronic sleep apnea, hypertension, GERD, neuroforamenal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, ulcerative colitis and tinnitus. Not sure I am looking forward to my 63rd birthday. I tend to look at it as the prizes you collect when you don't die.

Broke my back in 2001...I'm 8mm shorter than I used to be.

Woke up deaf in 2010 which forced my retirement for safety reasons.....got a cochlear implant in 2011.

My back MRIs, knee MRIs and right hip MRIs looked terrible. I can't have MRIs anymore without minor surgery to remove the rare earth magnet from my cochlear implant. From pain in my back,I know when every storm front is coming through.

But I have outlived my father by 19 years this year. He died just before his 47th birthday. I lived long enough to see all of my children grow up and become contributing adults. I lived long enough to have grandchildren from ages 29-3 years and great-grandchildren from ages 9years to 9 months.

Even with all the pain, I am grateful to wake up every morning!

Life is good!

Two of my grandsons are currently serving in the military. The one in the Army deployed to Kuwait 2 weeks ago today. Please keep those who serve in our military in your thoughts and prayers!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

If we ever have a Sawmill marathon we will need three classes : stock, modified, and "ride the bus with Rosie Ruiz".

Aches & pains come with the territory. I hit 65 yesterday. I'm still in pretty good health - nothing major going on that I'm aware of. I just don't have the energy or ambition to "Get 'er done" that I once had.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You kids. Just wait until you hit the seventies. If I had known that I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.
    Joe

The older I get the better I used to be.

To funny Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    If we ever have a Sawmill marathon we will need three classes : stock, modified, and "ride the bus with Rosie Ruiz".
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

"If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself." Well, probably not. I'm 65 and i'm right up there with the worst of you. Let's see... hearing aids, tinnitus, gout, tarsal tunnel syndrome (feet), both shoulders repaired and the left one went south and had to be replaced, right hip replaced, both knees repaired and the left one needs replaced, spondololystheses(sp?) (back), vitreous separation in left eye. Still, everyday above ground is a good day .

Come to think of it, I happy that when I take a shower nothing falls off.