Thread: Irregular rotary attachment 50w China laser engraver

Irregular rotary attachment 50w China laser engraver

hi - completely new to all this - don't notice to many Australian posts but I'm figuring that their out there somewhere. I have a 50w China Laser engraver/cutter came with a standard flatbed 3 roller rotary attachment - I need the irregular attachment so I am able to engrave round items with handles - the flatbed rotary is just too engraving space restricted.
    Does anyone know of any stockists of this item within Australia - failing that does anyone know how I would be able to have one sent from China - I do know I can purchase the item from Canada - nothing against Canadians but I'm not paying over $AU600 freight for the privilege - surely there has to be a more economical options - any answers please

Can someone out there please give me some advice - or have I inadvertently posted this question in the wrong area

not necessarily wrong area. have you access to alibaba.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders
    Knot to Pen Custom Turned Pens

Platte City, Missouri. USA

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw
    Nice-Cut NC-4040 Tabletop Laser 40W

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer
    !0" Wood Lathe
    Vacuum Chamber
    Pressure Pot

Hi Steve,

Where in AU are you based?

We don't have many suppliers of China laser parts of accessories here, my recommendation would be to reply with the make and model of the laser so any US or overseas users of the same machine can chime in with their advise.
    Half Kiwi, Half Pom, All Crazy
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W (1.5" + 2.5" Lens)
    Harsh Environment Kit, Rotary Attachment

Atmos Compact Exhaust, CorelDraw X7

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Verran View Post
    I need the irregular attachment so I am able to engrave round items with handles...
    You can make an adapter out of MDF to deal with the handles on mugs etc. Just cut out two disks that are a large enough diameter, and join the two disks with short sections of bungee cord. Each disk will need a centering ring to locate the mug properly. The mug is held between the disks for engraving and the handle will clear the rollers. Using this method you can engrave over 1/3rd of the way around the mug before there is interference with one of the bungees.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Blog Entries
    Steve,

Going direct to China might not be a bad bet? I bought my big laser and CNC from China and didnt pay anywhere near $600 to get the whole kit and kaboodle sent from China to Seattle. If you are not in a rush your costs will go down.
    Many folks here have purchased from Shenhui in China. Hopefully they will pipe up and post their sales contact. Or do a web search for it.
    I purchased from Liaocheng Ray Fine Technology in China. My sales person was Blanca Yan @ yanblanca@yahoo.com. There are many others of course but Blanca is someone I have direct experience with, and Shenhui is a company many here have used over the years.

Dave
    Last edited by David Somers; 11-12-2015 at 9:01 PM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Sanders View Post
    not necessarily wrong area. have you access to alibaba.com
    As I understand it Alibaba is for quantity purchases only - not just a single buy

Jack I live in New South Wales - I purchased the Laser Engraver from an agent in Sydney - it arrived in the original box - so they were obviously only transhippers. I have made attempts to source the item through them but rudely they have chosen not to reply!!!!

Rich I admire your ingenuity but the techniques involved leave me baffled - and I need to engrave near to all the surface hence the requirement for a device which is able to rotate the item.

Dave thanks for your suggestion - I have sent an email to your contact to see if they are able to assist or if they know of an agent/person who I could contact - fingers crossed!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Verran View Post
    Rich I admire your ingenuity but the techniques involved leave me baffled - and I need to engrave near to all the surface hence the requirement for a device which is able to rotate the item.
    This is what I meant;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Instead of Alibaba, try AliExpress dot com. Many listings there for laser items. I just purchased an 80 watt 6040 machine there for cheap. It is the air freight to Canada that kills.
    No longer a member.

My Rotary Jig in Detail

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    This is what I meant;
    As an expansion to Rich's mug jig here's some info on my jig's for everything from bottles to wine glasses which might be of use that I made a few years ago and used for several years. If anybody is interested I can send you the Corel Draw files to make the jigs to get you going. The attached PDF has lots of pics and details how the jig is used I also have some video's on how to set everything up on the laser itself if interested, just PM me for more.

Regards Steve.

GlassRotaryJig.PDF
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

Hello, I would be interested in the rotary Jigs that you set up. I do not currently have corel draw so not sure if you have the files in any other formats.

I am just getting into laser etching and have yet to totally figure out the rotary attachment, any other hints or tricks would be great !

Thanks,
    -Greg