Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident LABRADOR RETRIEVER EXPERTS: TAKE A LOOK!!!

Resident LABRADOR RETRIEVER EXPERTS: TAKE A LOOK!!!

Well, I might be getting a new Dog tomorrow. Dog Trainer has a Pure Bred Black Lab that they need to find a home for. Owner of the Dog is very sick, and can't take care of him anymore. I think the Owner has Cancer. So, here is a Pic of the Dog. Trainer is bringing him over tomorrow for me to check out.

What do you think from just the pictures?

He is 6 years old and fully trained.

IMG_20151106_122627_579(1).jpgIMG_20151106_122437_246.jpgIMG_20151106_123239_932.jpg

Nice looking dog.....looks sad. It may take some TLC as he will miss his previous owner. He needs a good home.

When I have been sick, my dog has been a great comfort.

Hey looks like a really good one ,at six there may be a little trouble with translation The worst thing that you can do to him is leave him alone spend as much time as you can with him.labs are great dogs and they're good with children
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Nice looking Lab. They are such Great dogs! He will need LOTS of attention and love, getting over his old master won`t be easy for him. Walk him every day and give him lots of love and play and he will come around.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Honestly, he looks a bit scared to me. I owned a black lab once. Very loving dog to its owner, but hated other dogs and was protective. Both good things in my needs for a dog. This dog needs some love.

I now own a Great Dane and I used to think labradors were big and strong. However, my 11 month, still growing Great Dane, towers over every dog I see and is a giant walking muscle. While playing with him, he's ripped my arm out of its socket and has torn a door clean off its hinges. He was attacked by a pit bull at the local dog park and tore the pit bull up, ripping him like he was a rag doll. He literally eats cow femur bones in a weekend and is so territorial, I have to keep him crated if anyone comes to the house. On his hind legs, he's taller than me and I'm 6'1". Supposedly, he'll continue to grow until 18 months and grow to be more than 200 lbs per the vet. Great Danes are called gentle giants, but if provoked and attacked, they are as ferocious as they come and the size, intelligence and strength makes for a formidable animal.
    Last edited by Kent Adams; 11-06-2015 at 8:42 PM.

If at all possible, take him to visit his current owner. His face looks like he needs to stay in touch with them, and I'd bet my paycheck, the owner needs to see the dog just as much, if not more. Can you imagine having to give your best fried away forever, when you are sick?

Do them both a favor and keep them in touch with each other as long as possible.

Just my two cents.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Well said ,Scott. The man is too sick to take care of the dog, but of course misses and needs the companionship.

He's a fine dog. I don't know your experience with dogs but this breed is a working class. You will have to keep him "busy" on a set schedule, what Dok said is spot on.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I've had 4 Labs over the years. In my mind they are the best breed of all.
    Give him love and he will give back 10 times the love.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

We have Shebe, a half black lab/spaniel. Extremely well mannered and loving. She lets our 11 month old daughter play all over her. We adore her.
    -Lud

You are getting the best dog at the best time. There is a reason that they are most popular breed for many years running. We are on our 3rd and our recent puppy is a handful. But we know what we can look forward to. You're a good man for taken him in. He'll give you more love than you can handle. Also...he looks a little overweight...probably too much love by food...and lack of exercise because of his owners sickness. They really need diet control...they will eat until they bust. Looking from behind they should have a distinct waste. If he's a true English lab...he may be ok...but he'll live a longer/better life if his weight is controlled.
    Enjoy...they really are the best.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    We're on our 3rd Lab. Bill (12 years), Mandy (13 years), and now Cooper, he's just 4 months old. Wonderful family dogs.

I highly recommend a lab for a family dog and if I were in your position I'd jump at the chance to take him on.

PHM

Labs make great pets. I have had several.
    Assuming he doesn't have any bad habits (they love to dig holes) you should do fine.
    My advice is first get him checked by a vet.
    They are very loyal dogs so he may pine for his previous owner after you get him home.

Trainer gave me a few days to see if we get along. So far, so good!!

The water in the bucket is not YELLOW, It's a reflection from the kitchen lights!