Thread: Grizzly

Grizzly

Hello all,
    question, I was driving home thru Pa yesterday and I thought I would stop by the huge Grizzly warehouse in Muncy Pa. I found that it is closed???? We drove up and the windows of the entire showroom were covered in paper. Not one car in either warehouse lot. Did they close the Muncy Pa distribution center and showroom? That was a surprise. The website said it was open 8:30 - 6 pm>???????

just thought I'd ask if it were closed.

thanks

Yes, they closed it very recently. Moved the stuff to the midwest to consolidate with another of their facilities.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-08-2015 at 6:15 AM.

You haven't been around here much lately have you?

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

You didn't miss it by much, October 31st was their last day there.

Red
    RED

Yup, I got some great deals on a new table saw and band saw.

Speaking of Grizzly Saws, I saw that FWW rated one of their mid-sized cabinet table saws as "Best Value" recently. Anyone have any experience? How is the quality? Usable for a non-commercial shop?

I have the Grizzly G1023RLX and would buy it again tomorrow if I needed another saw. A great table saw.

Red
    RED

thanks fellows for the store closing info. As Matt said I guess I haven't been checking in on this part of the forum enough. I do check out the classifieds most days. I had sold a machine to a fellow from Boston and we met out near the Delaware Water Gap. It was about halfway for both of us, so on the way home I thought I would show a friend Grizzly how big the show room and warehouses were. Well, he saw the size but not the show room, at least from the outside. I'll go check out the link for the rest of the info about the closing. Funny I was there about 6 months ago and that was my first time at the Muncy showroom. I remember the old small place in Williamsport.

thanks again

Just took delivery of a G0513ANV bandsaw that was from PA according to the sheet on the outside of the crate but actually shipped from MO.