Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

As a guy who does his woodworking under his carport in all weather with teeny tools, I am shy to share anything with this august crowd, but I finally finished a microwave stand I've been picking away at for a few months. (Work got in the way: just bad judgement on my part).

It started with buying an Incra box joint which forced me to make my wife a paper towel dispenser: then we needed a microwave stand to match.

_WEW0104.jpg

That is the troublesome paper towel dispenser.

Then the microwave stand became inevitable.
    _WEW0096.jpg

For a fellow who has to drag his wobbly old contractor saw out of the basement every time he wants to use it, the fun is in the playing around:

_WEW0059.jpg

_WEW0061.jpg

_WEW0065.jpg

Warren, that is some awesome work there!
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Warren, you're clearly doing some serious "playing around" there. Nice details!

It's not the tools but the hands (and head) that make the work!

...and I especially like how you built that bottle of Glenlivet into your cabinet
    Last edited by Mike Ontko; 11-13-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks, guys -- I was wondering if anyone would pick up the brand on the bottle!

Warren, your paper towel dispenser is causing trouble for me! I showed it to my wife, who reminded me that I should make one "like that." Our cheapo plastic one broke recently. I am procrastinating. Nice cabinet!

Late to the party here as the next weekend is already starting, but I got all of the construction work done on a bench project I've been working on last weekend and just have some final things to care for in the joinery before finishing it. This is a bench made from re-claimed wood (it's either very old white pine or very old doug fir and hard as a rock) and has an asymmetric design with the "leg" on one end bent down using hand-cut dovetails with the leg on the other inset a few inches and sitting in a slight rebate under the top. I'll be posting a full build thread once it's complete. This bench will go in the new bathroom/changing room at the barn we keep our horses at...and will have my stamp on the top...'just in case someone wants something made.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

glad to help