Thread: Pet Seat Cover

Pet Seat Cover

I need to get a seat cover to protect the seats in our car from damage from the dogs nails. Can anyone recommend one they have or any to stay away from. I need one for a front bucket seat.

I know we have some pet lovers here.

Thanks
    Last edited by George Bokros; 11-09-2015 at 6:32 PM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

LL Bean's stuff is usually very high quality. They have one made by Boyt.
    Duluth Trading also has several options.
    ~Garth

I have and use the slip over one from Duluth Trading. Has worked well for the dog. (And the dog's chauffeur.) They might move around a bit if you slide in and out of your vehicle a lot, but they stay pretty well for not being strapped into place.

Clint

My dog pretty much goes anywhere I go so I feel your pain.

I've used botht he slip over duluth for bucket seats and "custom fit" covers from http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/

I've been very happy with both, I use the fake leather ones from seat covers unlimited and when the dog is extra dirty I will still throw the duluth slip over cover on. The custom fit covers were roughly 300 for the front seat, I didnt bother with back covers. It seems like a lot but they work.

Blog Entries
    IMO a dog in the front seat is a bad idea for a number of reasons. In a modern vehicle with air bags, the animal could be seriously injured or worse in a minor accident when the air bag would deploy. An untethered animal would fly forward just in time for the air bag to hit it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    In a modern vehicle with air bags, the animal could be seriously injured or worse in a minor accident when the air bag would deploy.
    In my vehicles, both of them, the airbag is automatically turned off when my 65# dog is in the front seat so no worry about airbag deployment.
    George

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    In my vehicles, both of them, the airbag is automatically turned off when my 65# dog is in the front seat so no worry about airbag deployment.
    At 65# the weight will be pretty concentrated on the seat for a dog as compared to a human and I doubt the air bag is turned off automatically and would stay off as the dog moves around, I would check the owners manual to be sure.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The airbag definitely stays turned off
    George

Dogs belong in the back seat.

Were really worrying about where the dogs sits in the car! My lab is trained to sit in the backseat on an occasion he will come up front if he's happy with that so am I
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I bought a cheap set of front and rear several years ago from Cabela's. Just a nylon cover with a plastic/vinyl backing to make it waterproof. Easy on and off, not custom fitting, so I just put one on when I'm taking them with me. Take it off and shake off the dog hair when I get home. Can be thrown in the washing machine also.