Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So explain this scam (?) to me

They use your email and mailing address etc to register another account that then ships prescription drugs and illicit drugs (testosterone for body building etc etc) to foreign country's that they sell online - and if customs intercept it they come looking for you not the actual drug dealers!.
    There are no free lunches in this world.
    Give no one nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Moone View Post
    They use your email and mailing address etc to register another account that then ships prescription drugs and illicit drugs (testosterone for body building etc etc) to foreign country's that they sell online - and if customs intercept it they come looking for you not the actual drug dealers!.
    There are no free lunches in this world.
    Give no one nothing!
    I agree with everything you said EXCEPT they already have all that information from my original order!

Besides, some days gmail blocks as many as 500 emails like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    ......... Besides, some days gmail blocks as many as 500 emails like that.
    500? As Dan suggested, it may be time to open new accounts. I have multiple accounts, each with specfic purposes. I have one for my bank, one for each credit card, one for personal use, one for things like this forum; and I like freebies, too, so I have throw-aways to give to companies for that purpose. Keeping track of accounts and passwords is easy as the accounts all have the same base with a purpose related suffix. Passwords are a short phrase associated with the purpose.

i get no spam on my financial related emails. When I get phishing emails on my others, I know immediately it is a phish as I don't have a paypal or whatever associated with that email.

Sounds cumbersome, but it is not. And almost all spam/scams are relegated to accounts I rarely check (I check occasionally and send an email from one throwaway to another throwaway to make sure they stay active).
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Wonder if you will get an email asking you to review the product on Amazon.