Thread: 4.5" angle grinder replacement

4.5" angle grinder replacement

My 30 year old Craftsman Industrial 4.5" Angle Grinder has served me well although is wore out and I need a replacement. I'm looking at the Metabo W9-115 currently and wondered if anyone owns one or has other suggestions for a replacement?
    Thanks,
    Mac

Mac, depending on yourlocation, Lowes has a Bosch 2 pac for about $79.00. They also have their store brand for around $40.00.
    Joe

Joe, thanks, I'll check them out.

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bradshaw View Post
    Mac, depending on yourlocation, Lowes has a Bosch 2 pac for about $79.00. They also have their store brand for around $40.00.
    Joe
    I hope I'm not too late...

Avoid the Bosch 2 packs mentioned above. I did 3 sets in the past for my metal shop, and have been very unhappy with them. They have not held up well, and have a significant amount of vibration. I was very disappointed as Bosch has a reputation for quality. I have been replacing them with DeWalts and Makitas, depending on price.
    Bill R., somewhere in Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ryall View Post
    I hope I'm not too late...

Avoid the Bosch 2 packs mentioned above. I did 3 sets in the past for my metal shop, and have been very unhappy with them. They have not held up well, and have a significant amount of vibration. I was very disappointed as Bosch has a reputation for quality. I have been replacing them with DeWalts and Makitas, depending on price.
    FYI: Home Depot has Makita 2 packs for $99. Unfortunately with grinders, there are significant quality variations even within a brand based on price.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    FYI: Home Depot has Makita 2 packs for $99. Unfortunately with grinders, there are significant quality variations even within a brand based on price.

Thanks for the input, I've decided on a Metabo, currently looking for a deal on the W9-115
    Thanks, Mac