Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trotec Double line problem.

Trotec Double line problem.

My speedy 300 has been doing this for a while now. It's not that easy to see, but it's driving me nuts. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

double lines

Seems like you only have it on one axis? I would have said nose cone might be out of alignment, I had the effect, but in all directions. hmmmmm.
    355 - 10400 : )

Yes, only the vertical lines are off. I thought it may be the lens, but now that I engraved the grid, i'm thinking it's something else.

Might it be a loose belt/pulley on that axis? that's a serious longshot but.
    355 - 10400 : )

Spot on a mirror somewhere, splitting the beam. Check the #1 and #2 mirrors.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks guys. I've checked all that and is still doing it. Next step I think I should try is upgrading the firmware. Does anyone know where to download the file?

Tech support should do that for you. There's an FTP site you get it from and you don't want to install the wrong one for the software version you have installed. I'm not sure how it can be firmware if it's splitting the beam into two paths. Maybe I'm not understand how it's creating two lines. Is is creating 2 lines in one pass, or 2 lines in different places on different runs?

If it's 2 lines from 1 pass, then it's the beam splitting somewhere, either dirt or a hairline crack in the lens.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It's just one pass.

By looking at your picture, it looks like it goes from a solid single to a gradual weaker double line on the perimeter as it goes around the corner.
    i don't know how it can be software related unless the machine is doing a raster move in that direction, which would be noticeable.
    Hairline crack in a mirror?
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Spot on a mirror somewhere, splitting the beam. Check the #1 and #2 mirrors.
    +1 Steve is correct this is the most likely cause of the problem. Do you have another lens you can try?
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

All mirrors look clean. The lens is not cracked, but has a very small scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Alberts View Post
    All mirrors look clean. The lens is not cracked, but has a very small scratch.
    Then that's probably it. There's no other way to get 2 lines from one pass other than the beam splitting. A crack or scratch will do it.

I have a new lens on the way. Hope it helps.

I know zilch about Trotec's, but can you rotate the lens 90° from it's current position? The beam might miss the scratch altogether, but if not, it should change the how the beam splits on a similar test. This would verify the lens IS the problem. But if rotating the lens doesn't change the problem, then you have a mirror issue, or maybe part of the beam's hitting the edge of the cullimator or beam expander (assuming it has one or the other)...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Is this all in one pass?, if it is a problem in the optical path it should show up in both axis, although the other axis that looks like a single line looks like a thick line maybe the two lines are very close to each other.
    Epilog Legend 24TT