Thread: ideas for a lab coat

ideas for a lab coat

I have a potential customer that is graduating from dental school and she wants to give her parents and grandparents something that commemorates it. She wants a lab coat engraved on a piece of glass. However I have only line drawings of lab coats and line drawings don't look good on glass. I can't figure out how to fill it in to where it looks good. Any ideas?
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

Roland EGX-20 Rotary Engraver

In Corel and most other graphics programs, there is a fill tool, and for glass, use about 50% black. Test on a scrap of glass to get the effect you want. First, though, you will have to connect lines or trace them with your mouse to have solid shapes with boundaries that can be filled. You could also use another tool such as spray paint or brush and do it freehand with the mouse.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Try these-- I found this online and tried to accentuate the details, and I eliminated the background...

Ffirst one is a positive, second is the negative version, which you'll want to use on glass--

If you have a photo or halftone setting, try running it as-is. If not, make it into a 300 dpi bitmap in Corel and try it...

Last edited by Kev Williams; 11-20-2015 at 11:46 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'd put her name on the pocket also for that personal effect
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander