Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
Frank, that's really disappointing. For me, GF HP Poly and Enduro Clear Poly lay down absolutely flat. I do have orange peel problems with EnduroVar unless I thin it about 5%. To be honest, I also thin HP Poly about 6% to get the viscosity down low enough to flow through my 1.8 mm gravity HVLP feed conversion gun. Enduro Clear Poly I spray straight from the can through the same set up. Are you using a turbine gun or do you live where it's really hot and dry? Those two things might explain why you are having problems. What's your set up? Did you try adding Enduro Extender? There has to be an easy solution for you. Happy to try and help.

John
John, appreciate the help. I was using a Fuji Q4 4-stage turbine with a gravity feed gun with multiple nozzle sizes including something around 1.4 mm. I did try thinning it 3-10% and did not help. Did not try the Endure extender. I live in Southern California, about a mile from the ocean. When I tried spraying GF, the weather was around 72 degrees F with humidity about 50%. Basically, almost ideal weather. I don't have a lot of experience with spraying, but when I did try Target in the past, in 10-15 minutes of trying I was getting excellent results. Let me know if you see anything wrong with what I was trying.

I really wanted GF to work as I do want to spray waterborne finishes and want something locally available. Despite trying so many times, just could not get it to work.