Thread: playing with Pearl Ex on a bowl

playing with Pearl Ex on a bowl

I thought I posted this earlier, but it somehow disappeared. This was a piece of box elder that I dyed and didn't come out as planed. I sprayed it all black with auto primer and applied various colores using crumpled up Saran Wrap. I dry brushed the Pearl Ex into the Saran Wrap and stamped it onto the exterior of the bowl using a twisting motion. Then I dry brushed strips across the exterior. The checkered look was done by stretching a mesh Landry bag over the bowl and spraying the exterior with candy apple purple lacquer. The interior received a couple coats of clear gloss lacquer and then I dragged a feather loaded with various metallic powders across the surface. Varying the position of the feather produced a variety of strokes with little effort. I know the inside really doesn't go with the exterior, but with another coat of black paint I can start over again.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Ooooo like the inside treatment.

Nicely done Bob! Always a pleasure to see what you come up with.

Bob, you continue to inspire with innovative ideas using Pearl-Ex!! I particularly like the interior and sent you a PM.