Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Friday Clamp Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    Dan, are you telling me you bought some clamps last year and didn't receive them until this fall??
    That is what happened. I did order them late on Friday morning last year, there was a glitch on the web site. International Tool honor that they had them in stock. Just Jet did not have anymore. They did not charge me until they asked me if I still wanted them, when Jet produced more. The year before I thought Peachtree had the same deal, they did not. When I opened the box thinking I had 2, I only had one. When I called Peachtree, I was told they never discount them. This year I ordered the Rockler Set. I hesitated on pulling the trigger on Thursday night, so had to settle for the Rockler Set. Dan

I have no experience in breaking the Jet clamps yet...I have some and they are working great. However Jet claims to have a 'limited lifetime warranty' on the clamps: http://www.jettools.com/us/en/servic...port/warranty/ - has anyone tried to get something repaired/replaced? These are too expensive to toss!

Rockler just sent me confirmation my order has shipped. Their web site said they still had Jet clamp Rockler package this evening. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Molaver View Post
    I have no experience in breaking the Jet clamps yet...I have some and they are working great. However Jet claims to have a 'limited lifetime warranty' on the clamps: http://www.jettools.com/us/en/servic...port/warranty/ - has anyone tried to get something repaired/replaced? These are too expensive to toss!
    I had two clamps that would slip. Called Jet and they sent me a new set right away. No problems.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Blog Entries
    My local woodcraft had 8 24" clamps left yesterday, and menards has the jorgensen on sale today. So I picked up 8 of the 36" as well.

Jared, did you get the 36" Jorgensens at Menards? I picked up 4- 24",2- 36", and 2 48" Jorgensen cabinet masters at Menards. The new models with the plastic handles are much easier to tighten. I emailed pony clamps, and they wanted more for changing out the handles than Menards wanted for the 24 and 36" clamps. Anybody had success changing out the wood handles?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Jared, did you get the 36" Jorgensens at Menards? I picked up 4- 24",2- 36", and 2 48" Jorgensen cabinet masters at Menards. The new models with the plastic handles are much easier to tighten. I emailed pony clamps, and they wanted more for changing out the handles than Menards wanted for the 24 and 36" clamps. Anybody had success changing out the wood handles?
    Yes the jorgensensame were from menards

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    Rockler, has subbed their own blocks in the set. International Tool last year over sold, but I still received the clamps this fall. They did call me and asked if I still wanted them. Dan
    Looks like this is a problem that International Tool has because they just did the same thing to me. Said they had them, I ordered them and then when my shipment arrived, I was 2 clamps short. I contacted them and was told they sold out and Jet didn't have anymore and wouldn't until March.

Same as Kent, I received my shipment today from International Tool. I ordered 16 total clamps but got 14 of them as my shipping notification showed. So 2 backordered and who knows when those will show up.
    Last edited by John Schweikert; 12-03-2015 at 9:34 PM.

10. I received all my clamps and after trying to open them up to hang them I can tell you the Besseys are a bit difficult to open at times. I certainly hope they get easier as I'd hate to have that issue during glue-up. Perhaps my next set will be Jet's since the trigger should solve this issue. Will these go on sale again before next Black Friday?

Just got my two cabinet sets today... haven't used these parallel clamps before so i'm anxious to see how they work.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Masshardt View Post
    As of now rockler still had the jet special clamp pack with their clamp blocks. 2 24" and 2 31" for $120
    My set arrived today - Rockler came through with all 4 as promised, plus a set of their clamp blocks. I've never used parallel clamps, but I won't try them out until Christmas, of course.☺

I will say that I'm surprised by the weight of these things. Until now, all I owned were F-clamps, which are much lighter in comparable sizes. These things are MASSIVE. Just massive.

Thanks again Dan!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”