Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millers Falls Miter Box - Instruction Manual Available

Blog Entries

Millers Falls Miter Box - Instruction Manual Available

Chris Schwarz posted a .pdf of the instruction manual for Millers Falls Langdon Miter box at:

https://lostartpress.files.wordpress...miter-box1.pdf

Sure to be a help to someone.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thank you Jim! I plan to buy one some day. This will be nice to have.
    Fred

Thanks for posting that Jim. Mine looks superficially like that one, but is missing a lot of the nicer features. A knock off perhaps. In any event, I found features on mine I did not know it had, so thanks!

I have a drawer full of old manuals that came with all the tools I bought new. I'll bet there is one of those buried close to the bottom in that drawer.

Thanks, Jim. I have one of those with the original back saw. Never figured out when to use it.

Thanks Jim. I have a Stanley...but similar features. Apparently I'm missing both side stop guides. Other than that these vintage miter boxes cut dead accurate and worth cleaning up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I have a drawer full of old manuals that came with all the tools I bought new. I'll bet there is one of those buried close to the bottom in that drawer.
    I have to ask. Are any of them unread? I get the impression that this crew might very well not read the manuals.

Thanks Jim,

I have a Langdon, and my son in law has one just like mine. Ours are models that are a bit different than the one shown, but they are Langdon boxes none the same. Even though I have a model that is a bit different than the one shown, the manual is still extremely useful, none the less.

Thanks again and regards,

Stew

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I have to ask. Are any of them unread? I get the impression that this crew might very well not read the manuals.
    I expect all are unread. I just tossed them in the drawer. Silverfish may have eaten them by now.

Hi Lowell,

I always try to save and file the manuals and parts lists that come with tools. I also try to print off manuals for vintage tools I end up with, if I can find them.

That said, from what I can gather from your note, you are implying that I should read them!?

(Well, I actually try to read them, but it is a lot more fun just to use them.)

Stew

Blog Entries
    I'm not good about reading very far into the manual either. If it's a tool that could hurt me bad, I'll read it, but otherwise . . . . . . . .

Thanks Jim. I have a couple of those mitre boxes and the historical perspective is appreciated.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    I'm not good about reading very far into the manual
    I try to read tool manuals if they are not too tedious. Sometimes there is a little nugget of information shedding light on things one may have never known otherwise.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks Jim, that's a nicer electronic version than I had previously had. My #74 and I thank you.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Thanks for posting that. I have one of those that I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago. It does make nice cuts.