Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I Worry About Woodworkers

Sometimes I Worry About Woodworkers

I had a couple of woodworking friends to the house a while back. On the counter is a Snoopy jar on a doghouse and in the jar are small dog biscuits shaped like bones. One of the woodworkers opened the jar, looked at the dog bones and proceeded to start snacking on them. The dogs looked perplexed and kept sitting at his feet. I then explained he was eating their treats. He didn't stop.

Clueless??

Obviously a glue sniffer.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I never tried snacking on dog treats. Maybe he knows something I don't.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Not sure there is actually a problem here, however the simple solution is to buy the economy sized bag of dog treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Rose View Post
    Not sure there is actually a problem here, however the simple solution is to buy the economy sized bag of dog treats.
    You might be correct. I do get those biscuits from a bakery that makes dog treats. The baker claims they are fit for human consumption and taste great.

http://www.threedog.com/

When I was a kid, and was curious about them, I tried a dog biscuit - not bad! But I don't make a habit of eating them.
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    You might be correct. I do get those biscuits from a bakery that makes dog treats. The baker claims they are fit for human consumption and taste great.

http://www.threedog.com/
    They wouldn't be these would they?

Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Don't have a dog these days, but when I did I would always taste their food before feeding it to them. Only the first time of course.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    They wouldn't be these would they?
    No. It's these:

http://www.threedog.com/shop/treats/...es-2lbs/?SMG=0

My wife had a theory that the physicians at her clinic would eat anything; so she brought in some dog treats with frosting. No one fell for it. So physicians are smarter than woodworkers, or woodworkers are hungrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    No one fell for it. So physicians are smarter than woodworkers, or woodworkers are hungrier.

My sawdust friends are quite the sophisticated and discerning group ( everything is after all, relative) when compared to my motorcycle associates. The tractor group is worse yet. And of course they all hang out with yours truly, that speaks volumes. ( Don`t know any Docs)

Rich,

I am a little surprised your friend didn't ask for a dip!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-28-2015 at 3:09 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    If you let him have one of those before he rolled over, you're going to have a hard time with him the next time he comes over.

Many, many years ago, I was about 11 at the time, I had pulled out a bowl and filled it with dry cat food. Before I could put it on the ground, my dad walked into the kitchen and started with talking with everyone there. While talking he reached out and grabbed a handful of the cat food and started popping a few pieces at time into his mouth and chewing them up. The conversation sort of died off as we watched him. It didn't take long until asked what the problem was.....and when we told him, he simply put the remaining ones back, mumbled something about cold cereal, and left. Later he did say it wasn't too bad.

While not a woodworker really, he did grow up on a beet farm in Montana, rode motorcycles when in his early 20s and later worked as a cop.