Thread: I wish

Blog Entries

I wish

I wish bandsaw blade makers would laser etch their name on the band so you could tell who made it. I have a resaw blade that is a 3/4" band that is .024" thick with 4 TPI that works perfectly for resawing on my 14" Delta. Yes I know you supposedly can't properly tension a 3/4" blade on a 14" saw, but this blade works perfectly for me. I have resawed some 6" soft maple and was able to get two pieces 1/4" thick after planing. I rue the day when it gets dull and needs to be replaced as I don't recall where I got it. As I recall, there was a new bandsaw blade supplier that I checked out from a referral from either SMC or on a different site and found several bad typo's in their website. I reported these errors to the company and in return they offered to send me one of their blades. I ended up with the 3/4" band saw blade.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee,
    Would you have record of your discussions with the company in your email somewhere? I keep all my old emails so I can search for things just like this.

I agree though, I'd like to see some distinguishing marks on blades too.

Doesn't Lenox do this?

14" BS blades usually fail from fatigue. Laser engraving could possibly compound this problem. Just my thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Lee,
    Would you have record of your discussions with the company in your email somewhere? I keep all my old emails so I can search for things just like this.

I agree though, I'd like to see some distinguishing marks on blades too.
    My email is the first place I looked, but since it crashed earlier this year if I had a record it is gone.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I use a 3/4" timberwolf on my Delta 14" for resaw with excellent results. It chewed through a 72" stave of bois d'arc that was 3-5" thick and still cuts like it's new(ish). Nothing touches bois d'arc and maintains the moniker "new".
    -Lud