Thread: Cabinet Hardware Help, please

Cabinet Hardware Help, please

New poster, been learning a ton from all of you.

I'm building a replacement middle section for a 3 piece entertainment center-to accommodate a larger TV. I need to figure out hardware. The picture shows the Queen Anne key pull on a 7 in backplate, which I haven't been able to find online or at Rockler. I don't know what style would "complement" or contrast and do not have any fashion sense, and want my wife to be happy.

I would welcome any input, suggestions,thanks in advance. IMG_1207.jpg

There are lots places other than Rockler to get cabinet hardware. You might have search through the pulls at House of Antique Hardware to start. Also maybe Horton Brasses, Whitechapel Ltd. and maybe even Van Dykes.

Lee Valley is a Canadian company, and they have all kinds of hardware. Look them up too.

There are sources you can find online that have antique and vintage hardware, which might be a better route than going to the places that sell new parts. Looks as if you have hardware from the 1920s through maybe the 1950s.

I have made successful inquiries and purchases this way. Use a good camera that can take closeups, shoot your parts in good light, and do whatever necessary to communicate size. Lay the parts alongside a tape or ruler when doing pics, and also give the supplier the measurements of the parts.

If you strike out completely, find something that will replace, size for size, all existing hardware, and just buy whatever more parts are needed for the new section or sections. Everything will surely match that way.
    Last edited by Gene Davis; 12-04-2015 at 12:38 AM.

I want to thank you all- amazing how fast you responded. I did go with Lee Valley and will definitely keep them bookmarked