Thread: Six Pack Humidor

Six Pack Humidor

This is a wedding gift, the sides are all laser inscribed. Oak box, spanish cedar liner, flame birch, osage, cedar, redwood, pawlonia, and ash bottles. The caps are copper leaf. Twisting the bottle with the open cap will allow the top to lift off. Actual size of a six pack, this was a fun project. Thanks

Widdis Beer Box.jpg

Love it man, beautiful work

Very nice! I love the Albano Brewing Co. logo
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Albano View Post
    Twisting the bottle with the open cap will allow the top to lift off. Actual size of a six pack, this was a fun project. Thanks

Widdis Beer Box.jpg
    Is there a latch that the open bottle works that doesn't show in the photos?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I'm continually amazed by the creativity and craftsmanship that I see on this website and this is a prime example of both of those things. Congratulations, well done!

That design is really clever!

Thanks for the kind posts! The open beer bottle has a wooden toggle underneath the lift out tray. I ran a groove around the inside of the cedar lining and the toggle slides into it when you twist the bottle. I think its a little klunky, so if I make another one, I will try to use a couple magnets. There is an engraving shop near us that we sub each other on various jobs ( we make carved signs). His laser engraving is great but I should have used a closed grain wood like cherry or maple.

Neat idea...Very nice..

Great job! While cherry might have engraved better I think oak was the perfect selection for the job.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Nice job and a great idea!

Way out clever and original. And will probably soon be in every drug dog training film.